Kwackers CNC Rotary Table Controller

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucketn

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Anyone here sucessfully build Kwackersdigital RT controller (project origionally on CNCzone)? I have foundout my PIC programmer I bought off e-bay is a pirate copy of DIY'sprogrammer. It will not program the 18F452 or 18F4520 PIC used in theproject. I'm looking for someone in the USA to program my PIC for me.Can anyone help? I will pay shipping both ways of my chips, or buy achip or two from you, and pay for the programing.

I had a devil of a time making a PCB.Finally got a good one etched and want to complete this project.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I will check my Microchip programmer to see if it can do those two chips. Most of my Microchip stuff is several years old so if these happen to be fairly new parts the odds will not be good.

Robert

Hi Chuck,

Looks like Mike can help you out. My programmer will only do the PIC16C54,55,56,57 and PIC16C71 and PIC16C84 parts.

Robert

Hello Chuck,
I built Kwackers unit and programmed the PIC. I used a cheap E-bay programmer that initialy gave the impression of not working. The set up I used was with a USB- serial connector, and therebye lay the problem. After help from Lucas on the cnc forum I ditched the converter and borrowed the use of an old computer with serial port, result 90 secs to program. Hope this story helps.

Good luck Paul.

Chalky, My bogus programmer only has the usb input. It does have the header for in-circiyt programming, but I don't have a demo board or what ever the in-circuit thingy connects to.

Chuck

I have a original Pic start plus programmer that was upgradeable by reprogramming it's original Pic chip. It was a eprom version originally but I bought the Flash version for easy upgrades in firmware. I used quite a few PIC18F452 and 4520 with out any trouble up until a few years ago. Maybe you can upgrade your programmer as well.

Hello Chuck,
Sorry but I can't comment on the technical aspects for your programmer, its all beond me.

I had two points of great pleasure in the build, one - the production of a PCB from Lucas's silk and two, the programming of the chip with Steve Wards amasing program. I see you enjoyed the PCB bit and it is a pity if you can't get the chip sorted.

Regards Paul

Latest posts

Back