Arduino control for a 3” rotary table

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure how you wired things up but remember ground is your reference for EVERYthing and all wires have a finite resistance. Thru that resistance, you get a voltage drop which changes your reference level. That being said, ALL connections to ground should go to a common point to prevent ground loops. This is also why you should only ground one end of a wire shield.

Thank you for all your suggestions and input. It's working good now. I moved the arduino away from the stepper drivers and the power supply. I used shielded wires, expansion shield for the arduino, I changed the keyboard, changed the enclosure from carbon fiber to abs. FA82A17B-4235-41A2-AEAC-61BB22C16E44.jpeg 922ADF8C-19EC-4B2F-8211-EC85582D0B2F.jpeg 43206E65-28F1-4308-B479-B479D30672C7.jpeg

Congratulation on getting your Arduino Controlled Rotary Table figured out. Looks like you have moved your Arduino into the Keyboard enclosure? Good job. Nice looking Shop!

Cheers
Willy

Congratulation on getting your Arduino Controlled Rotary Table figured out. Looks like you have moved your Arduino into the Keyboard enclosure? Good job. Nice looking Shop!

Cheers
Willy

Thank you Willy. Yes, I moved the arduino inside the keypad enclosure.

That is a nice looking fixture on your Mill. What do you mainly use your Arduino Control for?
Take care.

Willy

That is a nice looking fixture on your Mill. What do you mainly use your Arduino Control for?
Take care.

Willy
We mainly use to control stepper motors. We produce custom orders, and this setup will help to find the angles quickly and reduce scrap rate.

Anybody with experience on Automation Direct PLCs ? I am trying to do this project using a PLC and HMI from AD. If possible, I would like to use the same stepper motor kit, because it is a Nema 34 and is closed loop. I have a stepper drive STP-DRV-80100, a stepper motor STP-MTRH-34127, but I am not sure what PLC should I use. A directLOGIC, BRX, Productivity 3000 ? Thank you.

Anybody with experience on Automation Direct PLCs ? I am trying to do this project using a PLC and HMI from AD. If possible, I would like to use the same stepper motor kit, because it is a Nema 34 and is closed loop. I have a stepper drive STP-DRV-80100, a stepper motor STP-MTRH-34127, but I am not sure what PLC should I use. A directLOGIC, BRX, Productivity 3000 ? Thank you.

Your stepper drive is a pretty sophisticated one that has a number of modes to support steppers as well as several different types of servos.
You don't need a PLC (an Arduino is fine), you just need to use their software to set the mode to step and direction and use the existing Arduino sketch.

Latest posts

Back