Arduino control for a 3” rotary table

Help Support HMEM:

bdrmachine

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you wired things up but remember ground is your reference for EVERYthing and all wires have a finite resistance. Thru that resistance, you get a voltage drop which changes your reference level. That being said, ALL connections to ground should go to a common point to prevent ground loops. This is also why you should only ground one end of a wire shield.

lmeb83

Reaction score
Thank you for all your suggestions and input. It's working good now. I moved the arduino away from the stepper drivers and the power supply. I used shielded wires, expansion shield for the arduino, I changed the keyboard, changed the enclosure from carbon fiber to abs.FA82A17B-4235-41A2-AEAC-61BB22C16E44.jpeg 922ADF8C-19EC-4B2F-8211-EC85582D0B2F.jpeg 43206E65-28F1-4308-B479-B479D30672C7.jpeg

Willyb

Reaction score
Congratulation on getting your Arduino Controlled Rotary Table figured out. Looks like you have moved your Arduino into the Keyboard enclosure? Good job. Nice looking Shop!

Cheers
Willy

lmeb83

Reaction score
Congratulation on getting your Arduino Controlled Rotary Table figured out. Looks like you have moved your Arduino into the Keyboard enclosure? Good job. Nice looking Shop!

Cheers
Willy
Thank you Willy. Yes, I moved the arduino inside the keypad enclosure.

Willyb

Reaction score
That is a nice looking fixture on your Mill. What do you mainly use your Arduino Control for?
Take care.

Willy

lmeb83

Reaction score
That is a nice looking fixture on your Mill. What do you mainly use your Arduino Control for?
Take care.

Willy
We mainly use to control stepper motors. We produce custom orders, and this setup will help to find the angles quickly and reduce scrap rate.

Group Builder