just joined

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi to you all what an excellent site.
My background was and still is engineering / welding (spent last 30yrs as application engineer for ESAB )
Took early retirement and set my self up doing much the same but now I choose which jobs I want to do.
Built a Allchin 1 1/2" traction engine
Built a full size AC Cobra replica (5.7 Chevy powered)
Built a Burrell 3" traction engine
Rebuilding a 1973 Lotus elan 2+2 (ongoing)
Now working on a 7 1/4" Shay logging loco using Kozo's book
Also interested in anything mechanical especially small multi cylinder engines

Paul :)

Built a Allchin 1 1/2" traction engine
Built a full size AC Cobra replica (5.7 Chevy powered)
Built a Burrell 3" traction engine
Rebuilding a 1973 Lotus elan 2+2 (ongoing)
Now working on a 7 1/4" Shay logging loco using Kozo's book

We want pics! ;D

Ok will get my head round how to post pics and sort some out
Paul

WELCOME & a howdy hey
great to have ya aboard :bow:

as was said above we want pics ;D
we are a bunch of pic nuts :big: the more the merrier ;D

Weldsol,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hey Paul,

Welcome to the forum. Glad I don't have one of those Cobra Replica's! I'd be so busy driving around the countyside, I'd never find any time to do shop work!

Chuck

cfellows said:
Hey Paul,

Welcome to the forum. Glad I don't have one of those Cobra Replica's! I'd be so busy driving around the countyside, I'd never find any time to do shop work!

Chuck
With the weather we have been having Iv'e spent all the time in the workshop with a nice warm heater watching the Bridgeport on autofeed :)

Hmmm ... a Cobra that doesn't have a Shelby 289 complete with the cam, quad Webers and attitude ... hmmm ... That should be interesting. OTOH, the 350 is a reasonably potent engine itself.

Anyway, welcome to the asylum. Have fun, enjoy and watch out for the FLuffy Bunnies. :D

Best regards,

Kludge

Yup welcome aboard...even though this place has gone to the :big: CATS & DOGS :big: but, that's OK we need them too.

Philly

Welcome. Too bad about the Chevy in the Cobra though. :'( But, to each their own. :-\ Actually, that's what building a car is all about.

Welcome,Paul.If you're building Kozo's Shay,you wouldn't have much trouble knocking out a couple of engines when the mood takes you :big:
I know this is an engine forum,but I for one would love to see a few pics of your Shay.

bentprop said:
I know this is an engine forum,but I for one would love to see a few pics of your Shay.

Ummm ... isn't a Shay an engine? Well, locomotive but they're just engines on wheels. :)

Best regards,

Kludge

Got to say this is an excellent site , could browse on it all day .
Basicly im 17 and a apprentice at the university of cambridge as a toolmaker, and im loving every bit of it.
And i just thought i would like to get myself into hobbie and this seems like a bril one . found my first engine im going to build (wobbler) cant wait to start on it .

Welcome,
I'm pretty new here also this is a great site with lots of great people and information.

Sean

Welcome and it's great to hear of a 17 year old who is pursuing tool making. If had to do it all over again I would have been a tool and die maker. I have always admired them.

Latest posts

Back