Here we go again!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff02

Reaction score
Man I’ll be glade when summer gets here.
IMG_0499.jpg

I can sympathize with that Jeff.
It has warmed up to 8° F here tonight.
It was a little cooler yesterday and we received 4 inches of dry drifting snow.
With the wind being what it was that meant anywhere from nothing to 14 inches
of snow to be shoveled off the driveway and sidewalks.

I have had enough of it as well!
If our Groundhog predicts 6 more weeks of winter somebody better lock me in
the house. I know where he lives!

Having said that publicly, if you drive anywhere near Punxsutawney PA and
see a sticky, old, bald guy covered with feathers laying in a ditch at the edge of town,
don't run over him! It might me ME!
Rof}

Rick

This year I hired one of those new Hybrid Snowblowers. Now I can spend more of my time in the shop.

Hybrid Snowblower1.jpg

Here in Houston, the yards have lots of plants scattered around that look like they were consumed by fire. Black and charred, or light brown and wrinkled. REsult of the hard freeze that settled in a few weeks back. Lots of people had started putting out new plants now that Feb. is almost here. That's a traditional planting time in this coastal semi-tropic zone. It's hovering at 35F right now, and will probably freeze tonight if there are clear skies.

???

Been living here a long time and this just never happens. not this bad. Sunspots? The so called Mauder minimum, which is theorized to have caused the cold spell in the Middle ages, was a time of extended duration with little to no sunspot activity.

Something is changing weather patterns, and not a one of the changes points to things becoming warmer, in this part of the world at least.

???

We dodged the bullet here last night and today. We were supposed to get up to 5 inches of accumulation, mixed sleet, snow and freezing rain. The prediction was for up to 1 inch of ice build up. So far we have about an inch of sleet and less than .125 inches of ice. Living in the woods makes heavy ice a less than pleasant experience.... $37,000,00 and 6 months worth of unpleasantness, last time it hit us.

Steve

Ha! Only on a machinist forum would ice on the ground be measured in thousandths. :D

Reminds me of a friend (a machinist) whose dad was helping him build a wood deck. His dad left a gap in something and so his complaint was "Three-eighths of an inch! That's like 375 thousandths!"

Latest posts

Back