Elmer's #45 by Trout

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troutsqueezer said:
. It's ready to run but I did not have time today to take that step.

-Trout

Wow, how can you not resist.

Congrats on a finishing another great engine Dennis.

She is a real beauty.

Kel

That is a beautiful looking engine!
I love the base you've done for it and the black finish really looks good with this engine.
NICE!

Very uber cool, Trout!

I like the black and brass color mix, too!

Wow. What a beautiful engine, Trout. The finish is just right! Every part on it compliments
another part presenting a lovely combination.
Really nice work!

Dean

That is a great looking engine.
If you're not careful...you're going to earn a name like..."Mr. Bling".
Beautiful.

So that's what you've been up to the last couple of weeks. ;D

Thanks very much for all the nice compliments guys! It's your tips and tricks I've been using as a means to an end.

Admittedly, I think I have a mild case of OCD which accounts for some of the aesthetics. For example, how many of you walk across the shop to put the drill bit back into the index the minute you're finished using it? I can't move forward unless I place whatever tool I'm done with back it its place. Slows me down but at least I know where everything is when I need it. ;D

-Trout

Great going Dennis :bow: :bow: - A beauty of an engine!
I cant wait for your video ;D

how many of you walk across the shop to put the drill bit back into the index the minute you're finished using it?
;D - I manage to keep the drill bits sorted; they stay in their cabinets unless in use. But somehow all my screwdrivers, pliers, needle files, allen keys and various other bits 'n bobs find their way to the table I use for keeping the plans on and assembly - and somehow manage to stay there... :big: Funny thing though; I'm very untidy most of the time, but I really let rip if a single file is out of place on one of my servers, or a contractor does a shoddy cabling job in a wiring cabinet...

Regards, Arnold

It runs! woohoo1

As some of you may know, it wasn't without trials and tribulations. In the end, it was decided an engine like this may be better suited to run on actual steam as the expansion of the steam should assist the movement of the piston. There may have been some single compound engines built that will run on air but this one didn't, so after a few days of fussing with it and posting a separate thread about it, I threw in the towel and re-ported the cylinders. So this is now a standard double-acting steam engine. Maybe it no longer qualifies as an Elmer's 45 but the parts are all the same except for the shoe valve I had to remake.

Without further ado, never let it be said that Troutsqueezer does not back up his engine builds with videos. ;D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFcnx-YnKIA[/ame]

Great Job Dennis. She runs prety darn good if you ask me.

Love the video. The assembly sequence is great.

Kel

Hey Trout! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Both the Engine and Video, GREAT job!!!!!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Fantastic. That was great. Absolutely awesome.

Everything about it.

The engine...I couldn't believe how slow it got! :eek:
The base...beautiful. :eek:
The video...very enjoyable. :eek:

You've upped the bar for the video. Now I have to rethink what I was going to do...otherwise I'll be accused of theft. :(

I would like to nominate you for the next academy awards for that video,that is great. :bow:
I like the engine as well.

Ian (seagar)

Your engine runs great, Trout! Fun video, too. Thankfully, leaves nothing
left to imagine about your name!

;)

Dean

Well done Trout ;D - :big: I love the video :bow:

Think I will build a boiler when I get to make #45!

Kind regards, Arnold

Cecil B. DeTroutsqueezer eh? Well done matey, on all fronts - watching that was a real blast.

Trout

I really enjoyed your build log and now the finished engine and video are great :bow:

Eric

DEE-LIGHTFUL!!!
Thm:
What a great piece of work Denny. I followed the entire build sequence and it was indeed a great one. The video is supper. Your engine certainly runs a treat at low speed. A true contender for next moth's POM I'm thinkin'

BC1
Jim

Latest posts

Back