E-Z Engine for beginners

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This little engine, and it's associated write up is fantastic! Thanks to all who had a hand in it's design, and posting it! I have been away from this site for years as life got in the way of my projects. I have a 7x12 harbor freight mini-lathe project that I am getting ready to dig out and set back up with my son. Our Goal is to first get the lathe working (I have added CNC control using LINUXCNC and a hobbycncpro parallel 3 axis control board, with a c6 speed controller) , and had it working fairly good a few years ago then my hard drive crashed and I lost all my config files...got frustrated and walked away before my garage filled up and was not usable)... After the lathe is up and running we will then learn to make CNC parts with it as we build this great little Engine. I am thinking we will do a double build, where we each build one using it. My son has an interest in a machinist apprenticeship through school, and this project is to help him learn what machining is all about, and to help him get excited about it. I also think this will be a great father son project ;) I will Start a new project thread as we get going on getting the lathe going, and then for our first build.

Regards,

Will in Everett WA.

Oh. After searching for the spark plugs I realized this is a steam/compressed air engine. I am looking for a similar IC project. Maybe should add the word "steam" to the title.

Shopgeezer, I would recommend the Webster IC engine. Many build threads, free plans. Google 'Webster IC Engine'.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back