Coles Power Models Museum Engines For Sale

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade / eBay' started by Beckerdi, Oct 12, 2018.

Help Support HMEM by donating using the link above.
  1. Oct 12, 2018 #1

Beckerdi

Beckerdi

Beckerdi

Hi all!

I'm the widow of Martin Becker - posted on here before once or twice. I'm officially selling the pieces from the Coles Museum (about 35 engines) - I was hoping to find someone who would buy the collection together and keep it together but if that doesn't happen I'll be looking to sell them individually. I finally finished photographing them (not professionally) so I can identify them all. Members of this club have been a great help to me so far!

What I'm wondering is, do any of you guys have any ideas of museums or collectors that might be interested in the whole collection? I keep thinking that once I break it up, it would be hard to put it back together again. Also if anyone wants to contact me directly about individual engines (I'll post them separately later but if you're interested in a specific model I can put your name down for it up front) my email is mydi142002@yahoo.com.

Here are a few (amateurish) snapshots.

Attached Files:

Aerostar55 likes this.
  2. Oct 12, 2018 #2

Wizard69

Wizard69

Wizard69

This is a tough one. I couldn’t possibly buy the whole collection and frankly wouldn’t have room for them.

As for museums I doubt any wood buy, they might take donations though. The exception here would bean original and rare engine.

Honestly I’m not even sure which museums would take these as donations. Given that there are a number of places dedicated to antique farm equipment or industrial history that may be worth contacting.

3. Oct 13, 2018 #3

stevehuckss396

stevehuckss396

stevehuckss396

Senior Member HMEM Supporter

Construction
  4. Oct 13, 2018 #4

vederstein

vederstein

vederstein

Must do dumb things....