• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Coles Power Models Museum Engines For Sale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckerdi

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm the widow of Martin Becker - posted on here before once or twice. I'm officially selling the pieces from the Coles Museum (about 35 engines) - I was hoping to find someone who would buy the collection together and keep it together but if that doesn't happen I'll be looking to sell them individually. I finally finished photographing them (not professionally) so I can identify them all. Members of this club have been a great help to me so far!

What I'm wondering is, do any of you guys have any ideas of museums or collectors that might be interested in the whole collection? I keep thinking that once I break it up, it would be hard to put it back together again. Also if anyone wants to contact me directly about individual engines (I'll post them separately later but if you're interested in a specific model I can put your name down for it up front) my email is [email protected].

Here are a few (amateurish) snapshots.

Attachments

• Engine One.jpeg
    Engine One.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 922
  • engine 2.jpg
    engine 2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 984
  • Engine 4.jpeg
    Engine 4.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,056
  • Engine 7.jpeg
    Engine 7.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,003
  • engine 5.jpeg
    engine 5.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 938
  • Engine 6.jpeg
    Engine 6.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 861
This is a tough one. I couldn’t possibly buy the whole collection and frankly wouldn’t have room for them.

As for museums I doubt any wood buy, they might take donations though. The exception here would bean original and rare engine.

Honestly I’m not even sure which museums would take these as donations. Given that there are a number of places dedicated to antique farm equipment or industrial history that may be worth contacting.

Latest posts

Back