anyone interested in a radial team buid

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#5 all made just have to polish them.I can now stand up for about 20 to 30 minutes at a time .Doing good, Doc. would proabily kill me if he know .Dale

Don

I do agree with Chris ... it will be a challenge, but as long as we work together the job will come together.

I really don't expect to have all the parts I receive fit together. I will need to do some tweaking here and there ... but that is what modeler's do ... tweak and find ways to get the parts to fit.

Although there are both imperial and metric threads in the design it probably would be a good idea to keep that one metric.
Maybe someone else should comment.

Thanks for your comments,

Pat H.

Well the drawings are ready.

Anyone know how to get them in a good format.

I will email Stew to get his thoughts.

Pat H

Path, Im not in this build but would like to built the engine. If possible could I get a copy of the drawings you did? I think a good way to share the prints with the build team would be a PDF file.

Dave

Your using solidworks, save it as a dwg file (dwg viewer is free to download)
I use solidworks so you can send me the original file if you like.

I would like the solidworks files too! ;)
The pdf drawings would be better for everyone to follow the exact plans, as they're easy to view, print and download.

Okay .. PDF it is. :) Will try post them so everyone has access.

Working on that now ... hope to have it done today (or tomorrow since Murphy been getting in the way). :)
Also since the team will be using them I will maintain a revision log so that users will know the status of any changes.

Any additional comments on the items a few threads back?

Should hear from Stew soon.

Pat H.

;D Yea I would love to be part of a team build it does not matter what type of engine please let me know. Although my status says newbie. I have been machining for about 4 years an I have acess to a completemachine shop at the college that Iattended for my degree.

got wood?

well i have. made 10 baseplates out of solid oak. made it from a piece of oak that i had for years. will post up some pics tomorow. still thinking what to finish them with. oil or varnish, not decided yet. or do you guys want them untreated?
now of to get some brass plates for the serienumbers, and get the screws sorted :)
Pascal

quick pic of the bases. cut and handsanded from old oak floorboard.

2784e71a0bcdc6a9.jpg

pascal

I have been having problems emailing attachments to Stew. ??? So we thought it would be appropriate to post a sample drawing here so that he could review the format.

Stew ... I have been getting your emails, so you can either post them here, email or PM me your thoughts.

This sample drawing represents what each drawing will contain ... those items in the squares.
The only thing missing (but will be included) is a revision and document date.
Also I don't know if I should include my name.

There are about 30 drawings (one of each part, except item 24) and one drawing will include a Material List, much like yours.
Each drawing is a single page except the Crank Case, due to its complexity it has 3 pages.

Once set I will get them in PDF format so that everyone who wants one can just download it.

Other comments are also welcomed. ;)

Pat H

Steam Chest Cover 3001 drw.jpg

Drawaing looks good

;D

Stew

nice drawings. makes my think i have to start to get back into AutoCad/inventor again................
pascal

Steve ...

Since you are machine the Crankcase I thought you might answer the following:

The 2mm and 3mm tapped holes ... what size tap do you plan on using?
What should the clearance holes size be (3.15 or 3.3)?

The 9.46 mm hole for the Port Flange (9.53) ... the drawing needs to be changed.
Do you want to make that hole larger say 9.54, so that the Port Flange will slip in?

The holes for the Liners .. will you make those a little larger say 19.06?
The hole for the Main Bearing Housing is at 31.75 maybe this should be 31.76 for slip fit?

Any thoughts about the mounting holes for the aluminum stand?

With this input I can change the drawing.

If anyone has thoughts on these issues and other items please let us know.

There are other fit issues ... if you can review them I will incorporate them in to drawings.

Thanks,

Pat H.

Back