anyone interested in a radial team buid

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispare

Reaction score
Wondering if there would be anyone interested in a 3 or 5 cylinder radial engine, was thinking maybe an air powered one.

Anyone interested??

chris

chrispare said:
Wondering if there would be anyone interested in a 3 or 5 cylinder radial engine, was thinking maybe an air powered one.

Anyone interested??

chris

What were you thinking? I did a team build that went real well (TB4) so I would be willing to do it again. Who's design would we be using?

I'd be up for a team build. How about Chuck Fellows 3 cylinder radial? It's a good looking engine.
I have easy access to material and some spare time.

Regards,
Mike

wasnt really sure as to what radial I dont have any plans.
I Thought that if there was a set of plans floating around that it would be a nice challange for a team , and that is why i was thinking of a 3 or 5 cylinder to keep the parts list down a little.

is there a link to the (Chuck Fellows 3 cylinder radial) or pics ??

Any ideas as what ony to do (if enough interest)

Chris,
Chuck has a thread on his engine in the finished projects section, but there are no drawings.
Plans are available for Rudy's radial 5. Do you want a compressed air engine or an I.C.?
Does anyone else have any interest or suggestions?

Just saw this thread. I'm in the process of revising the valve system on my radial. I'm getting ride of the push rods and overhead ball bearing valves. I'm replacing them with a rotary tube valve like I used on my 4 cylinder opposed. It will be much simpler and more reliable.

Chuck

Chuck,
Will the plans for the revised version be posted? I guess we're looking for options for a
possible team build of a radial type.

Mike

I'd love to join a team build! But since I'm in Brazil I think it'll be a little difficult to participate. :-\
If you guys are still in need of someone to join, I'm here! ;D

maverick said:
Chuck,
Will the plans for the revised version be posted? I guess we're looking for options for a
possible team build of a radial type.

Mike

I guess I'll see how it turns out before I commit to supplying any drawings.

Chuck

Chuck,
That sounds like the prudent thing to do. If this next team build chooses another engine
I'd like to build a copy of your 3 cyl. just for the way it sounds.

Regards,
Mike

i.c would be super cool but I would settel with air power if it was a 5 cyl.

Anyone have a blueprint of one they would like built?

chuck the radial proposed is air powered . I think three cylinder would be plenty of challenge. And three people would be making cylinder piston sets. IMHO KISS is the by word for team builds.
Tin

Ok I think that an air powered radial is going to be the choice, now it's which one?
I will take a good look at the elmers.

So how many we got interested in this build?
As I think that may be a deciding factor on which radial would be chosen.

chrispare said:
Ok I think that an air powered radial is going to be the choice, now it's which one?
I will take a good look at the elmers.

So how many we got interested in this build?
As I think that may be a deciding factor on which radial would be chosen.

I think we should wait for chucks redesign but what ever you choose, I'm in!

the way it has been done in the past
1) assemble a team
2) elect a captain
3) vote on a plan
4)The captain breaks down the parts to workable pieces based on team size and plan set.
5) Each member pick his or her parts.
6) parts are made
7) addresses are exchanged
7) . parts mailed.
or something like that
IIRC on TB 5 the captain volunteered himself and proposed a plan set the team formed around that.
and probably nothing wrong with reversing steps 2 and 3.
The goal is to have fun learn and build an engine. the espri di corp on team one was exemplary ten guys twelve engines.
Tin

I'd be happy to help on a 3 cylinder air powered radial TBD. I've got a few engines under my belt,
the latest being Jerry Howell's Miser.

Regards,
Mike

I also would like to be part of TB 6 (?). :)

Pat H.

Back