1/8 scale Holt 75 tractor is Finished

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modelbuff

Reaction score
I have completed the tractor and now I am working on the engine.

P1000669.JPG

P1000675.JPG

P1000678.JPG

P1000681.JPG

That Sir, IS SIMPLY AMAZING

Best Regards
Bob

Somehow it's very reassuring to realize that, in small pockets around the world, craftsmen like you exist and produce such exquisite objects. I hope you're planning on opening your own museum so that others can appreciate such work.

modeluff.
One word only: AMAZING. :bow: :bow:
Looking forward to see it finished.
Best regards
CS

It's not a model or a copy or a miniature

That sir is a

Masterpiece

I am in the presence of a master craftsman

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

kind regards and great admiration

malcolm

You sir are a very talented and busy man!

Beautiful Work!......I hope you have some build photo's?

Would love to see them....especially that clutch!

Congratulations on a wonderful job....really looking forward to the engine!

Dave

Kinda makes you want to jump in and drive it around in the mud.

Guess I really do need to lose some weight!

Best,

BW

Incredible work. Thanks for the photos. Can't wait to see the engine and your first steam up,

Cheers,
Phil

Incredible,fantastic,awe-inspiring,what more can I say?
I'm quite intrigued by the pattern on the mudguards/trackguards.Did you do this by hand or machine,or how?Were these farm tractors,or an over the road hauling tractor?
Your work is of a standard we could all aspire to,but few(including me),will ever equal it.

Beautiful work!!

I especially like the tracks.

The fender material is aluminum I purchased from McMaster Carr. It was already embossed. The corrugated metal on the roof was hand made. I built a die and pressed the corrugations in a hydraulic press. The Holt tractor was first developed to work soft ground in California fields. In addition aprox 2,000 were built and use in Europe in WWW1 to pull wagons, cannons etc. The first armored machine which was the fore-runner of the miltary tank was built on a Holt Chassis.

Modelbuff,
That's a beauty, for sure! Truly amazing work :bow:

Kevin

Holt stole the track design form Lombard, the log hauler made in Maine.Holt agreeded to a settlement, but Lombard never got any money. Holt sold out to Caterpillar. See http://files.asme.org/ASMEORG/Communities/History/Landmarks/5587.pdf for a description of the Lombard and the story of the patent dispute

That is a beautiful model. Will you be bringing it to any shows, Like NAMES?

Nice! Really, really nice!

Chuck

Latest posts

Back