Caterpillar Sixty crawler tractor (unfinished)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanS

Reaction score
There's been some interest in this model in comments. I haven't any detail shots of the Holt style Cat engine, the best images are some overall shots I took outdoors. Most of the pictures I take are of machine setups and special tooling. Here's three Cat Sixty pictures, this engine has never run and I'll be trying the Seal Major I'm completing in this model to iron out clutch and transmission issues - if any. For scale that's a two dollar Canadian coin by the rear sprocket.

Attachments

• April 2015 test assembly (1).JPG
    April 2015 test assembly (1).JPG
    952.8 KB · Views: 16
  • April 2015 test assembly (2).JPG
    April 2015 test assembly (2).JPG
    754.7 KB · Views: 0
  • April 2015 test assembly (6).JPG
    April 2015 test assembly (6).JPG
    834.5 KB · Views: 0
The level of detail is over the top!

So? No wife. No job. No kids. Snowed in every Winter. Lol? :D
Sorry. None of my business. Just joking. Ha ha.
Still snowing here, no job getting in the way for the last 14 years, new dog to walk 3 times daily, but more importantly, no TV. Although it might seem at odds with detail, I work fast (rephrase that as efficiently). Not joking.😀

Last edited:
Still snowing here, no job getting in the way for the last 14 years, new dog to walk 3 times daily, but more importantly, no TV. Although it might seem at odds with detail, I work fast (rephrase that as efficiently). Not joking.😀
You're a mere 200 miles or so from me in the center of the Soviet. Unfortunately, I am in Sunny Philippines where my wife's arthritis is not so bad. Just got back from an interesting 3 day tsrip to Bangkok. Will post some photos in another thread and when I am better from the plane flight.

Alan, That is absolutely smashing !
You are a true craftsman in metal work
Did you have a full size Cat to take measurements or did you have drawings ?
The track and radiator detail is astounding to put it mildly
Thanks for posting
Rich

Thanks for posting
Rich
I agree
It looks like the full size

Dave

Thanks for posting
Rich
Rich:
I have visited several Cat Sixties up in museums and made measurements and taken pictures. I also have parts books and picture books to refer to. All the drawings I made myself, mostly freehand on squared paper notebooks.
The track components were a project in themselves, many special tools and fixtures for both lathe and mill.
Alan

Latest posts

Back