I have been lurking here for over a year, Now it's time to introduce myself.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchmn

Reaction score
I am a 79 year old self taught hobby machinist. I bought my first lathe when I was 16 along with some tools and a complete set of ICS stationary Engineers training books. Those books were my teacher and instructor! and are still great reference books. Now I have a fairly complete shop set up in my basement, with mostly Craftsman and Atlas tools. I make parts for my old tractors and trucks along with models that I find interesting. I recently bought a set of hit and miss engine castings online, but they didn't come with any drawings. So, I'm wondering if anyone can identify these parts. I hope the pics come through OK. I live in North Western Illinois near Stockton, I love collecting old lawn equip[ment and tractors. I like small multicylinder Water cooled engines and have a couple Universal engines, a pair of Waukesha ICK's and a couple Hercules ZXB's, along with a IXB Herc, and a Kohler L600. Also have a bunch of Kohler single and twin cylinder engines and 5 or 6 Wisconsin twins. I am work9ing on a Rudy style Case traction engine and have a couple PM Research engines and machine tool models.. Keeps me busy in the Cold Winter months! when I don't feel like walking over to the garage! I'm hoping someone here might recognize the Hit or miss castings and be able to steer me to a set of drawings so I can get started on it! Thanks in advance! Kirk
20240219_121746.jpg
20240219_121746.jpg20240219_121816.jpg20240219_121746.jpg20240219_121816.jpg20240219_121903.jpg

Last edited:
I am a 79 year old self taught hobby machinist. I bought my first lathe when I was 16 along with some tools and a complete set of ICS stationary Engineers training books. Those books were my teacher and instructor! and are still great reference books. Now I have a fairly complete shop set up in my basement, with mostly Craftsman and Atlas tools. I make parts for my old tractors and trucks along with models that I find interesting. I recently bought a set of hit and miss engine castings online, but they didn't come with any drawings. So, I'm wondering if anyone can identify these parts. I hope the pics come through OK. I live in North Western Illinois near Stockton, I love collecting old lawn equip[ment and tractors. I like small multicylinder Water cooled engines and have a couple Universal engines, a pair of Waukesha ICK's and a couple Hercules ZXB's, along with a IXB Herc, and a Kohler L600. Also have a bunch of Kohler single and twin cylinder engines and 5 or 6 Wisconsin twins. I am work9ing on a Rudy style Case traction engine and have a couple PM Research engines and machine tool models.. Keeps me busy in the Cold Winter months! when I don't feel like walking over to the garage! I'm hoping someone here might recognize the Hit or miss castings and be able to steer me to a set of drawings so I can get started on it! Thanks in advance! KirkView attachment 154063View attachment 154063View attachment 154064View attachment 154063View attachment 154064View attachment 154065
Welcome to the group

Dave

The castings look to be a Schaffers lil York. They were produced by Richard Shelley, but I'm unsure where to find drawings currently. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
The castings look to be a Schaffers lil York. They were produced by Richard Shelley, but I'm unsure where to find drawings currently. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks, I'll try to look them up.

Latest posts

Back