Wallaby

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Pete and Tel...
Oh Man...it's clear I'll need a decoder ring complete with a bottle opener attachment if I come visit! Grin

A 'cloak of invisibility' might help as well - especially if the Wallabies are on the rampage at the time! :hDe:

aussie.jpg

What do ya think Pete?....can you set if back up?

Dave

I just ran a adjustable reamer thru it with no change, so I guess Ive got nothing to lose in putting it back in the 4 jaw and making some kind of mini boring bar or something, but if the hole gets too big, its still a throw away.
Pete

... unless you take it out oversize and press a sleeve in

Hi Tel
I went back out to the shed before and after using the reamer I gave it a spray with CRC and was able to pop it out by leavering it with a alan key ;D
looks like I am back on track and tomorrow will slot the throttle for the spray bar.
pete

Onya Pete! Keep 'er rollin' Thm:

metalmad said:
Hi Tel
I went back out to the shed before and after using the reamer I gave it a spray with CRC and was able to pop it out by leavering it with a alan key ;D
looks like I am back on track and tomorrow will slot the throttle for the spray bar.
pete

What ever it takes!

;D
Yes! Goon Onya Pete!

Dave

Today. I started on an itsy bitsy set of sauce pans :big:
SANY0023-1.jpg

What's for dinner Pete?..... ;D

Is that the choke plate...?

Dave

Real good eating them Wallabys :big:
yep the choke works by turning the handle to cover more of the air inlets which will be under the air cleaner and thru the mounting flange.
Once Ive got the Carby done internally, ill put it in the 4 jaw and turn a rough hourglass shape and then part off the chucking piece.

Ahh OK your building the original carb. It's similar to the road roller carb
I'll be watching this.....ETW really liked that carb as apposed to the KIWI carb.

Dave

Salt and Pepper on those Tel..? Or do you have your own Aussie magic for those.

Salt and Pepper on those Tel..? Or do you have your own Aussie magic for those.

If I told you the secret Oz condiments my life wouldn't be worth a zack!

Be careful Tel loose lips sinks ships!
The plans for the Carby turned up in my internet search for plan errors that Bogs suggested as well as plans for a nice little 4 stroke single called the "Kinglet" that I may have a crack at once I have my foundry up and running.
I am also tempted in doing more of ETW's engines like the Seal or Sea lion which is what the Carby is loosly based on, I do not know what carby the Wallaby came out with as the plans I have, don't have one and so I decided to modify the sea lion carby to fit.
I decided not to bother with castings for the Carby and am attempting a working approximation from bar stock :big:
Pete

Its blowing a gale here, but even so I did a little.
I glued the choke in the cap with Hotmelt and drilled the holes and milled the slots to allow the choke to be turned.
Im also rethinking parting off now, I may drill at an angle to get my downdraft position and then plug the bottom.
choke.jpg

Thanks Dave, the support is really appreciated!!
A little more on the carby, but have not been able to get any brass hex for the spray bar, so far and its slowing me down a bit.
BTW this choke system is really clever and I'm betting will work well.
When you turn the handle it blocks off 3 of the intake holes.
aircleaner1.jpg

aircleaner2.jpg

That looks like the same carby as on the road roller......does it have a compensating piston inside?

It looks "right" for the engine...I never liked the looks of the Kiwi carb on the Wallaby.

Keep at it Pete!

Dave

Latest posts

Back