Wallaby

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The carby has a spraybar going thru the slotted throttle and I will turn down the outside to a hourglass shape once its done internally.
I'm thinking now of using the chucking piece as a manifold adaptor so the standard 1831 inlet will bolt right up.
I may do this by milling a flat and drilling a 3/8 hole at 45 degrees to join up with the venturi and then blocking off the bottom hole and milling 45 degrees off the outside of the chucking piece for effect.
Pete
PS
I'm not sure what a compensating piston is or does Dave, but I don't think Ive got one :big:

Very nice build. Will be following along.

Are you going to power anything with it?

Ron

Hi Ron
Once its running Ok, I will probably just start another build.
I am planing on the Mastiff next, it is a boxer 4 cyl.
If this is successful there is no reason why I can not build a V8 or even a round motor.
Pete

I have been eyeing the Mastiff plans also. So many plans so little time. :big: :big:

Ron

I really enjoy it as the engine starts to take shape as i often have no idea how something works or even how to make it, till I do it :big:
Pete

I have no power to half my house and my shed at the moment, so I can not post progress, but I thought id share a lovely photo :big:
Pete
SANY0027.jpg

I may be just getting old, but I find something about That new Casting very Tit_alating :big:
Yesterday I had an special Armoured heavy duty cable layed underground to my shed.
Power is at last restored and in order to regain some momemtom with the Build, I started with the block this afternoon ;D
The Head and carby are not finished as yet, but Bez needs feedback on the Castings.
I now have The block, sump and timing cover.
So lets have at it :big:
Pete
SANY0028.jpg

SANY0029.jpg

a pic I forgot
Pete

Very nice Pete, and its good to see you back in action. Dave

Thanks Dave
I was really missing the shop, but about half a dozen things all went wrong for me at once!
I had to buy another car, the power failed and the Machine was braking down every time I used it!
Im working though it all, but I could have done without it :big:
Pete

I hear ya. Yesterday I spent 5 hrs fixing my lawn mower, I still don't have all my home repairs finished yet, the weather hasn't been cooperating and winters getting closer. My goal is to be done in 2 weeks, we'll see. I really like your Wallaby project and am watching closely, Dave

got in a little shop time this arvo and moved the block to the Mill and took the deck hight almost down to speck, leaving some room to clean up later.
Pete
SANY0032.jpg

Today I bored out the cyls using the center of the main bearing web as my datum and hope to drill the head bolt and lifter holes tomorrow before i disturb the setup
Pete
SANY0033.jpg

Drilled the head bolt and lifter guide holes and squared up the block a bit
but the lifter pillars still need to go down some.
I'm tapping the lifter guides 3/8- 24 rather then 26 as that's what I have, the headbolts will be 1/8 whit
SANY0034.jpg

Did not get anything done on the Wallaby Today, but Bez came over and helped me start setting up my foundry behind the shed.
I will have to do a lot of work on the workspace for next time, but I was able to pour a ramming tool and half a dozen good size ingots.
Not a bad day :)
Pete
SANY0035.jpg

SANY0041.jpg

Looking great Pete!

I'm in the road for business, bit should be home tomorrow. I'll type more then

Dave

Hi Dave
I'm not a traveler and only leave the yard when I have to
Its really nice living in the best country on the planet ;D
Looks like I need to make the big end Caps before I go any futher!
SANY0042.jpg

SANY0043.jpg

Hi Bez
this is where old engine heads go to die
my work bench :big:
Thanks Bob
get a mill Bob! ;D
Pete
SANY0045.jpg

Latest posts

Back