v8 shillings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking that too, but some of the internal corners look to sharp. Almost like wire edm, but the part looks too "clean" to be out of an edm.

Thanks for showing how you bent the fan blades. Which direction is the rotation of this engine(just reference for Luc's question)?

yes he have right.. the fan is in back ward
i will upload a new photo with the right direction:p:p lol
(its a joke)

after a big big delay i think is a nice time to continiue this thread
here is a video of the engine it sounds very nice and i will upload and fotos from the project

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaYKdADbtOM[/ame]

hello my friends
i want your help with one problem that i have
i have problem with the valves it cant sealed very good
in this foto is my head the valve sealing in the head (aluminium) and not at bronze
have anyone built engine like this
is better to chaing the valve guide and seal the valve to guide or i leave the valve like this

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

Sbdtasos - you can make your valves seal directly in the head, and still have a durable engine. This is according to Schillings himself in his book Boxer, Reihen und v-motoren als modell. In it he states that he has over 25 years of running on one of his engines, with no bronze valve seats or anything. Simply seating in the aluminium like yours. I translated this whole book into English, which was... loads of fun.:rolleyes: But the info in it is very useful indeed.
Very, very nice engine by the way.

Last edited:
thanks LongRat
i found were was the problem..
the camshaft not have big gap from the valve and hold the valves little press
now is ok ..:)

at least my engine is finished :)
now the only thing is the box for the engine with the battery and the cdi ignitions
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC6h7KkmFjM&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Wonderful job on an impressive model engine.
Ernie J

Back