Introduction

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8Alex

Reaction score
Good evening - having recently retired, I am dedicating my time to developing my skills in model engineering, with a particular interest in IC engines. I am a complete beginner at model scale, so hope to pick up plenty of good information to allow me to build a V8 engine one day (yes, I know this may well be some way off!). I have built engines before, though at full scale - a 3.5L Rover V8 and a 1.2L 1934 Austin 10/4. I have also built a Dax Rush kit car (powered by the RV8) so have some experience to build on.

I look forward to joining the discussions, but for now will spend time reading in the many threads in this forum.

Alex

Good evening - having recently retired, I am dedicating my time to developing my skills in model engineering, with a particular interest in IC engines. I am a complete beginner at model scale, so hope to pick up plenty of good information to allow me to build a V8 engine one day (yes, I know this may well be some way off!). I have built engines before, though at full scale - a 3.5L Rover V8 and a 1.2L 1934 Austin 10/4. I have also built a Dax Rush kit car (powered by the RV8) so have some experience to build on.

I look forward to joining the discussions, but for now will spend time reading in the many threads in this forum.

Alex
Welcome! Feel free to reach out with questions as they arise.

North or South Wales? Spent a lot of time in and around Caernarfon in the late 90’s (consulting to Friction Dynamics, before the American ownership ruined the company).

Glad to have you Alex.

I am learning about IC engines, with the intent of building one, and this is definitely the place to learn, given the depth of the model folks here.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Pat J.

Latest posts

Back