Straight 8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great, Steve.
It looks like you have the pistons and rods done, too. You holdin' out on us?

Dean

Steve, that block is really looking great. Haven't seen a straight 8 since my Grandpa's 52 Buick. Maintain your patience and keep up the superb work. More pics please. ironman

Steve, are the plans to this engine available? Forgot to ask in previous post. ironman

Wow!

76 holes with 0-80 threads (38 each side) spot drilled, drilled, tapped, bottom tapped and deburred. The only thing left is to cut a hole of some kind thru the side of the block somewhere to pump water from the radiator into the block. I'm going to let that go for now because I am still unsure how and where i'm going to do that.

I used the CNC to spot and drill the holes. I didn't want to take a chance of reading the drawing wrong and putting a hole in the wrong spot. I also wanted to maximize the depth of the hole without breaking thru into the bore for the sleeve. I drilled .010 less than breaking thru. All the other work was done manually.

DSCN1936.JPG

Hi Steve
Great project your work is special. Now I know why you need a tapping block. I think you will like it. Jack B.

Very nice work.
@
Very Nice build pictures.,

This is nice to watch the progress on.

stevehuckss396 said:
76 holes with 0-80 threads (38 each side) spot drilled, drilled, tapped, bottom tapped and deburred...

There's a song in there somewhere.

Very nice project. Very interesting.

hi Steve.
I like your work very much. I'm checking in 4-5 times a day just hoping for new pic's and wright-ups. :bow:

Waiting to hear the straight 8 singing your song.
Thm:
Crankshafter

I made the inspection plates today. Didn't take any photo's. Just some simple milling and drilling. Alot of it!!! Having worked out all the water passage problems I think i'm going to modify the head for water passages.

DSCN1940.JPG

Steve,
It's looking good buddy! Crank? 90 90 90 90?

Tony

Steve,

Very nice. Look forward to your next posts... :)

Jeff

Now that's a crankshaft!!!!!!
gbritnell

Latest posts

Back