Stirling engine build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made two more parts that should be completed tomorrow or in a few days, Ill post pictures later on tonight of what they are, I am busy tracking down all the parts that I have made for this engine. Looks like I have everything but Im looking through old photos to see if im missing anything

here are the pics as promised before
dHxh91wl.jpg

0PGJaTQl.jpg

fQ1Z8S0l.jpg

Vo1FASzl.jpg

Coming together nicely! I love rounded corners on a metal base like that. Looks like it will be running in no time!

Thanks for the compliments guys! It is starting to shape up nicely :) I was not able to do any work to this engine today because it was a shop clean up day, Ill post again monday night with the part I will start and maybe complete.
Last night, me and my father ordered some 1/4 idx 5/8 odx .196 bearings for the flywheel standard piece, so ones those come in I will modify the side plates that I have for the bearings or just make new sideplates

Ok, im now thinking that because technically I am supposed to be learning the cnc machines, I am going to complete this engine on the Haas sl10 and the Haas vf1 that my class has, maybe Ill make another one of this engine scratch.gifscratch.gif

If I had access to a Haas, there is no way I would use anything else.

Jim

That should have been: A Haas, a Haas, my kingdom for a Haas. (sorry about that)

Last edited:
ok, i made 8 parts in the last 2 days, 4 of which were redo's because the crankshaft had up and down wobble, and i made 4 really tiny washers and a new crankshaft out of 1/4 stainless steel
picks to come in a little bit

thanks Jim, I think im going to make more spacers today, just in case i need some later

Well done Mitch its looking really sexy, cant wait to see this baby running
Making me very envious, wish I had the time to do the same, being self employed means I have a crappy Boss !!!
Cheers Frans

thanks a bunch frans, i have been sidetrackd for the past couple weeks working on our christmas project. We are supposed to make 800 screw drivers :eek: but they are all going to be made on our haas sl10 cnc lathe, i just have to make a special to aid in the putting together of the screw drivers. Ill post a pic of one of the screw drivers when i can

What on earth do you need 800 Screwdrivers for? even I havent lost that many
keep us updated, Christmas can wait, Striling comes first ;)

lol, we are selling over 500 hundred of them to help fund our class, we have a total of 1600 parts to make, production should start in the next couple days

ok Great idea I hope you sell them all, post us a picture of one when they are finished,
Pity I am a but far away to pop over and buy one :wall:

C'mon Mitch, don't let Franscubbit get away with that!!! Sell him a bunch on the Internet. I assume that you will put them on Ebay.

Jim

Latest posts

Back