Start on a long term project

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks Les, Kirk.
Started to make the Cyl push rods the other day. Sawed out the profile, just needs milling to dimensions now. Will post pics.
Ron

Made the push rods. Started by riveting 2 pieces of stock together. I didn't have any rivets so I used 16 penny finishing nails. They worked like a charm.

I then marked out the profile and sawed it to rough shape on my 4 x 6 saw.

DSC02947.jpg

DSC02945.jpg

I then drilled out the big end an little ends and made mandrels to fit the drilled holes as I drilled them to the size of thOD of the bushings. I drilled and reamed the mandrels .250 and mounted the roughed out blanks on a piece of 1/4 thick angle iron for machining.

DSC02948.jpg

Here they are after machining and sanding. Still have to make the bushings.

DSC02950.jpg

DSC02951.jpg

Ron

Hey Ron looks real professional. Cliff

Thanks Kirk. Your A-3 is coming along well too.

Ron

It has been awhile since I've updated this, so here goes.

I haven't been doing much but here is what I have. Health issues (mine and daughters)and life has gotten in the way.

Made the expansion links and have started to make the radius rods.

DSC02952.jpg

DSC02953.jpg

Will post more as it's done.

Ron

A great thread with some great progress pictures Ozzie.

Smifffy

Very interesting thread. It's coming along nicely, i like to see other peoples machine setups it teaches me a lot. Thanks for all the pics. Great work.

Hope you and your Daughter are feeling better Ozzie!

Dave

Thanks bronson.

Thanks for your concern Dave.

Daughter had a stroke and a mild heart attack. Shes only 52. Left her left side with issues. Shes in rehab and doing remarkably well.Shes a nurse so she's well aware of what she's supposed to do, but they say the worst patients are doctors and nurses. :D :D With her that is true.

Doc changed my meds and I appear to be doing well so far. I've been fighting Atrial Flutter and A Fib since my "07" heart attack.

Ron

Hi Ron

Hope your daughter is doing better and you as well.
Looks like your are coming right along with that project nice work.

I will have to come over and get a closer view.

Don

Thanks Kirk.

Anytime Don. Come on over. Maybe I'll stop your house to see the Holt.

Ron

Well I've completed the radius rods and temporarily mounted them.

DSC02956.jpg

DSC02957.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

Now to start on the Combination Levers.

Ron

I got some more done finally. ::) ::) ::) Enjoy.

Got the lifting arms and the reversing arm done.

DSC02958-1.jpg

And here's how they look on the loco. Still working on the wieghshaft.

DSC02963.jpg

Ron

Wow Ron. Great progress and excellent work.
I've been away a while and am very glad to find this one again.
Looking forward to more!
Hope you and daughter and doing better now.

Welcome back Zee. Daughter is better but has permanent loss of feeling left foot and must use a walker now. She has made amazing progress from where she was though. From wheel chair to walker. I'm doing better and don't have near the issues she has.

Thanks for asking and for the kind words in regards to the loco.

I am thinking about doing a side build of a single cyl I. C. engine. Maybe the Webster, been at the loco a couple of years now and I think I need a bit of a diversion. Just need a completed engine under my belt I think. Something I can get done relatively quickly. Well relatively quickly for me anyway. :big: :big: :big: :big:

Ron

Latest posts

Back