Small V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only twins? Why 6 valve covers? I suspect triplets. Congratulations, Steve!

Zee's right - they do look amazing.

T70MkIII said:
Only twins? Why 6 valve covers? I suspect triplets. Congratulations, Steve!

I started out with 3 blocks. One got damaged and now there are 2. I still make enough for 3 and hope for enough for 2. I guess I make a few extra incase something happens along the way.

Steve,

You need to couple those two engines together like a V-16. I saw this at a tractor pull. Some zoomies and velocity stacks, perhaps a shot of NOS and caty bar the door, she's getting away from me.

:hDe: :idea: :hDe:

SAM

SAM in LA said:
You need to couple those two engines together like a V-16. I saw this at a tractor pull. Some zoomies and velocity stacks, perhaps a shot of NOS and caty bar the door, she's getting away from me.

I'm picturing parts scattered all over the place and a small oil fire.

I thought about it but I dont have the tools to bore the cam tunnel and the crank shaft tunnel.

untitled.JPG

Steve, I'm really enjoying this. It looks great.

Ron

stevehuckss396 said:
Thanks Deere. How goes it with the anodize?

It's actually going very well. I just posted an update in the breakroom under the old thread. I think I have my black and scarlete problems cured and thanks for asking.

Hello all!

Managed some garage time today. Worked on the bell housing.

Started by machining the OD of the housing and establishing the back of the flange. Then I machined a small boss on the rear so there would be something to hold onto the part when it gets rotated.

DSCN2292s.jpg

I learned this one from watching the members on the HMEM site. I machined steps every .025 to the proper depth to form a .500 radius.

DSCN2294s.jpg

Then with a file and some sand paper, the steps were blended together to form the curve.

DSCN2296s.jpg

The part was then rotated and the flange was brought to size.

DSCN2297s.jpg

The inside was drilled thru and the two bores were made.

DSCN2303s.jpg

The insite corner was knocked down on a 45 degree angle to complete the inside shape.

DSCN2305s.jpg

A small step was them made to give the proper size to fit the boss on the rear plate.

DSCN2307s.jpg

Again the part was rotated and the holding boss was removed and cleaned up a little.

DSCN2309s.jpg

I still need to drill the hole pattern to mount the piece but that should be a quick deal!

DSCN2311s.jpg

O MY GAWD they looks amazing!
must be something else to see in person!!!!!!

That can't really be called machining Steve.

That is brute CRAFTSMANSHIP! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rick

rake60 said:
That can't really be called machining Steve.
That is brute CRAFTSMANSHIP! :bow: :bow: :bow:

To be honest, It's a product of hanging out around here. I use alot of the things I see around here and some of them even work. I don't think i would have the guts to try something like this without the support of the HMEM and NAMES people. It's nice to know if I get myself into a jam, I have a little it of help.

That is awesome.
And it tells me I can do something I've been thinking about myself (albeit not as good).

Awesome build Steve!...What is truly amazing is how easy you make it look!.....

Can't wait for the...."WOOOOOOPA!"....sound!

Dave

steamer said:
Awesome build Steve!...What is truly amazing is how easy you make it look!.....

Dave

Steve is still a surprise for me :D
this fellow is in this hobby from a couple of years or so, but many of us can not even aspire to his skills in 10 years :big:

BTW, great work on those engines :bow:

Steve, Words fail me!!!!! th_confused0052 th_confused0052 th_confused0052 th_confused0052 th_confused0052

Ron

Back