Shop Schedule

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
My wife found this chart that pretty closely matches my shop schedule .
Anyone else have this problem??

Tin Falcon

Shop schedule chart.jpg

So true. I have just come in from the shop after hours of repeatedly chasing the toolpost clamping spanner around to multiple locations where it insisted on hiding itself. I have a special nail in the wall next to the lathe for it to hang on, but does it ever end up there after first use of the day?
No. It's in the chip tray, on the bench, next to the micrometer, in my back pocket, under a piece of sheet stock, next to the drill press.

Now don't get me started on the drill press. I had to chain the chuck key to the drill press after it was so naughty it ran away one time too many. That works rather well.

But with every spanner in the shop chained to its correct location, things could get a bit tricky, eh.

Easy way to solve that problem: Glue or Nail Every tool down. Hey if you cant use it, it cant get lost.

This has happened to me multiple times. I swear, there be shop gremlins.

I lost my lathe wrench. I'm going to tie it to the bench.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

Like I said my wife found this in my reality the cleaning slice is a bit small needs to be about twice as big.
Tin

My wife just laughs at me because I've started organizing and putting things away now I can't find a thing! You are right Tin Falcon needs more clean time it takes three times as long to clean up the as it did to make it.

Todd

Hi

I could not agree more!
What baffles me, is when you can’t find (Insert favourite tool here) and you have searched the shop high and low to no avail….You know YOU HAVE NOT LEFT THE PLACE, so it has to be there! You are about to give up when your sweetie comes into the shop with the subject of your search in hand saying, “I found this in the kitchen next to the fridge, do you want it down here?” You find composure and calmly respond sure, I was just going to come up stairs to get it. Thinking, hmmm at least it wasn’t in the fridge….. but I sure don’t remember going up stairs.

Happy hunting ….bert

I've honestly left my glasses in the refrigerator before.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

Right on! Happens to me all the time. When I can't find something, I mentally retrace my steps. About 90% of the time, I realize I have not moved out of my present footprints for the past hour and I had the damn thing in my hand just 5 minutes ago.

Bill

Turns out it was still in your hands - and you moved it from right hand to left hand to open that other drawer.... :wall:

ahem.... no... never done that myself... errr, um....

Latest posts

Back