New to the system.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLW

Reaction score
I am eight years retired from active machining either as a machinist or 26 years of teaching the machine trades at a local community college. I have a fairly well-equipped small hobby shop at home and still have access to the school shop if needed. I enjoy fabricating small mechanisms, especially steam engines that do not require castings. To this end, my wife thinks I am a bit off balance, and she is probably correct!

I am eight years retired from active machining either as a machinist or 26 years of teaching the machine trades at a local community college. I have a fairly well-equipped small hobby shop at home and still have access to the school shop if needed. I enjoy fabricating small mechanisms, especially steam engines that do not require castings. To this end, my wife thinks I am a bit off balance, and she is probably correct!
Welcome to the group

Dave

My wife was none too happy when I started melting iron in the backyard.
She was very sure I was going to combust myself, and I had my doubts too.

And my 80'ish next door neighbor came over during a furnace run at night, with was a bit noisy and very bright, and said in a very terse voice "What is going on over here ?".

I told her "Its a long story".

So I show folks photos of my iron pours, and they give my wife that look.
She simply says "He is crazy", and she leaves it at that.

Welcome, and best of luck.

A few photos of crazy attached.
If you are not doing things that are kind of crazy, then you proably are not having as much fun as you could.

165251.jpg
165116.jpg

Latest posts

Back