New Venture

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hand

Reaction score
Pretty excited today, for I received the paper work for the new business I've started. Been working on this for over a year now. It was the real reason I bought the machine tools. Since I lost my arm 3 yrs ago, trying to find prosthetic devices that function for the working person was tough. So I thought I'd start a LLC business that would provide custom made devices that would help get people back to work after such life changing event.
So spending the last year learning the In's and outs of machining I made a few self serving devices. I want to thank all of you who have helped me get one step closer to my dream.
Midwest Prosthetic Custom Assistive Devices

Best wishes and good luck with the new venture.

Peter.

Great stuff,Matt.I presume the fittings work on a quick release type system.If this hasn't been done before,you need to get a patent in quick smart.

Good luck to you Mat!!! If you have any questions just ask ;D

Matt,

This is one of the most uplifting posts I have ever read on here.

I know something of how you feel, I have had very limited use of my right arm for a few years now, but nowhere near as disabling as yours must be.

To actually use your disability as a model for a new enterprise is really astonishing, and I am full of admiration for you and your efforts to put it all behind you and not let a thing like your problem hold you back.

Keep up the good work, and as other people have said, if you need help with anything, just ask. Thm:

Blogs

Matt,

Fantastic.

You are a good example of what America is all about.

Getting out there and solving problems.

Not waiting for someone else to do it.

Best of luck.

Sam

Matt, I really admire a person that moves forward and doesn't let life hold them back. My best wishes for your venture.

All the best to you Matt. Truly a worthwhile venture if there ever was one !!!

Bill

Matt,

With such an inventive mind, who needs 2 hands, just brilliant and I hope you get the rewards you deserve. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Steve, Peter, Bentprop, Powder keg, Blogs, SAM,BOb, Deere guy, And Bill:

Its hard to describe how your guy's words of encouragement has me so happy that your all behind me on this.
For all of that have been helping me out so far, Thanks a million!! It is you guys alone that have got me to this point, And for those of you that have offered your expertise and resource's to me, I may come a knocking soon. I'm not afraid to ask for help, for it is that, that has got me here.

Matt

Very cool. Let me know if you have any patent questions-- I'm not an attorney, but deal with patents (mostly US patents, but some international) on a daily basis.

I have removed some stuff from here because I've mentioned prosthetic and patent injunction, and we all know how Google works. ;) As for all you main streamers here I trust with me deepest thoughts :big:, But til its "legal" I don't need it to be taken. So again, thanks for all the support and help "present/future". Just wanted to let ya know what I'd been up to.

Matt

Congratulations, and the best of luck with your venture. :bow:

You've got what it takes, so go for it. 8)

-MB

Great, Matt! Some folks let life work against them, some make it work for them.
You're on the top end of the scale.
Best of luck on your ventures!

Dean

My hats off to you Matt. Good luck on you endevor.

Ron

I'm to the point of poop, or get off the pot. The proto type is done and works like a dream. Started a patent search on Friday, does $250 sound fair for this service? Includes copy's of all "ART".

Found a place that will prepare the Utility patent app. and all drawings, submit to the USPO with their fees, in a 3 week time frame for $4500. Is this fair also?

Matt

Matt, What you are doing is great. I missed your post with your prototypes but think anybody in a situation like yours who gets up and gets out there with the intention of improving amputees quality of life is a hero. And after all. Who better to figure out what an amputee needs than one living that life?

Bravo Matt. Bravo!

:D

Matt,

What you have done is great. More power to people like you.

Unfortunately it is not cheap to get a proper patent or that it will guarantee that your idea won't get ripped off. All a person has to do is make one minor change and put it on the market. Check out the story of the guy that invented the intermittent wind shield wiper. He died a poor man trying to defend his patent. I'm not trying to discourage you from the work you have done. Just be very cautious.

If this is say the Mark I version have the Mark II version ready to go the first time you see that somebody else has copied your design. Also remember with the world wide net there might be some people who don't care about patents.

Good luck in your endeavor. I wish you all the luck.

Bernd

Back