Need help..Engine ID 4 cly Fltat-head

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try www.jerry-howell.com they can supply coils/ leads/ transistor ignition systems either assembled or kit form. They are very helpfull with reliable shipping . I had their TIM-6 sent out here to Australia and will set it up on a Dale Detrich brass " T ".

Red, The link may be close. Try to copy just starting with the H and make sure any letters at the end of what you copy in not included. It is touch some times for sure. Thanks John:)

That sure is a nice engine & boat you have there. I watched it 2-3 times.

I have a video made but I cannot seen to load it into my computers for up-loading to YouTube. Done it before...but for some reason now...no success. I will keep trying though. Best Regards, Capt,n

Red, I need to adjust the tappet clearance on my engine. Is the wrench size 3/16 & 5/32 ? Also what should the clearance be set at? I got 2 tappets on the verge of too tight. This neat little engine sure does run good. It has one of the best carbs on a small engine I have ever seen. Best Regards, Johnwoohoo1

Hello Capt,n John If the builder fallowed the prints the hex screw is a 3-48 the flats are .156 I don't know about the tappet if it has flats, what I have done is take a pair of neddle nose and grind a half diamiter in each of the tappered nose that is just a bit smaller than .187 diamiter then clamp the tappet adjust the screw to about .004 to .005 clearance and lock the lock nut. I've run out time Best regards, Red

I will try to take a close up photo of the valve gear. Also a photo of the neat distributor. They vary on different 50cc Wall engines. Capt,n :)

Wall valve gear & distributor photos.

000_1501.jpg

Red, it sure was fun talking engines with you on the phone. I learned a lot from you. The world needs more guys like you eager to share neat ideas & we covered a lot of very interesting facts. Got to do that again some time.

Best Regards, Capt,n John:)

Red, I got your data & photos you sent. Wow the airplanes photos you sent, tell me you do top notch workmanship. Neat to see what the insides of a Wall 4 cyl engine looks like also! I plan to do a video of my Wall engine running & upload the vid to YouTube. I will provide a link to click on too view it. Best Regards, John West Michigan

I have been busy. May get it done & posted Tomorrow. Hang in there!

Still want to make that video...seems to rain just about every day. Clouds & rain does not help videos. Its been cold too...............:mad:

Hello Capt,n John If the builder fallowed the prints the hex screw is a 3-48 the flats are .156 I don't know about the tappet if it has flats, what I have done is take a pair of neddle nose and grind a half diamiter in each of the tappered nose that is just a bit smaller than .187 diamiter then clamp the tappet adjust the screw to about .004 to .005 clearance and lock the lock nut. I've run out time Best regards, Red

Red, I lost your phone number, so I could not call you. Then my computer messed up & I lost my sign in data. I finally got that again so I can log in. I made 2 videos of my Elmer Wall engine running, but cannot seem to load them to send to You Tube.

Can you please PM me with your phone number? Thanks John from Michigan :wall:

I have a question for anyone that knows about video installation from a digital camera to a laptop computer. It has worked before for me but now no can do??? Maybe I need to get QUICKTIME INSTALLED in my computer or do I need to reformat the video media & redo the vid???? Thanks In advance. Best Regards John :confused:

Hi John,
You can't play the files or you just can't see them? I would think if you hook the USB cable to the computer the files should be visible even if you don't have a program that will play them.
My photo camera makes .avi files and when they show up I just right click on them and when I get the pop-up window it gives me the option to 'open with'. What is the operating system in you laptop?
Do an online search and look for 'playing .xxx files on whatever operating system you have'.
gbritnell

Hi George,
I have a windows 8 laptop & a windows 7 desktop. Seems like both are not picking up the video from the data chip. I used a card reader...no go. I plugged the media in the slot on the computer...no go. I have not tried the USB camera cord yet, got to find it first. One person said I may need to reformat the media card & redue the movie/video. Then I read something about that I may need to install Quicktime or Windows movie maker. Seems like this stuff is getting hard to do. I am getting old for sure.
Best regards, to you Friend. :(

Last edited:
Hi John,
Sorry to hear that. I figure my family can dispose of my shop and engines when I'm gone. I just have to get my machining 'fix' every day. I do have plenty of other hobbies but probably enjoy this one the most.
gbritnell

Latest posts

Back