My shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moxis

Reaction score
Today I found this forum so immediately I decided to introduce myself. And at the same time my workshop, which is at the basement of our house. These days we have very cold weather in Finland, nearly -20 degrees celsius, but very warm and comfortable at the workshop.

20181225_094819.jpg
20181225_094559.jpg

Today I found this forum so immediately I decided to introduce myself. And at the same time my workshop, which is at the basement of our house. These days we have very cold weather in Finland, nearly -20 degrees celsius, but very warm and comfortable at the workshop.

View attachment 153026View attachment 153027
Very nice, multi-function shop, Motti. I now have competition for the cleanest, most organized shop!

What is the flooring material?

Charlie

Very nice, multi-function shop, Motti. I now have competition for the cleanest, most organized shop!

What is the flooring material?

Charlie
Thank you Charlie. Our house has been built 1978 and at that time they used linoleum plates for flooring material. Being still in very good condition, we kept the original material and didn't change it with our many renovations.
Somehow I like working in a clean workshop and immediately after having produced sawdust or disorder I like to clean it before continuing working.

Hi:

Super clean and organized shop! In the freestanding bench, there appear to be pipe clamps incorporated into one side. What is that about?

And, welcome aboard from Canada (near Toronto).

Craig

I see in the first image, there are several boats, there seems to be a tank
Can you post some pictures of them?
Thanks Minh-Thanh! Attached please find some pictures of the models I have built during the last few years.

The Jeep, Sturmgeschutz and T-26 are in 1/6 scale,

The ship Lempi is in 1/25, it is equipped with Marcher steam engine.

The ship Maaninka is 1/50 scale, it is also radio controlled and driven by electric motor.

Bugatti is in 1/6 scale, it has an electric motor built inside her engine, but not yet with RC.
DSC01599.JPG
unnamed.jpg
DSC01590.JPG
20190418_112841.jpg
20180831_111641.jpg
20220512_112702.jpg
20220512_112625.jpg

Hi:

Super clean and organized shop! In the freestanding bench, there appear to be pipe clamps incorporated into one side. What is that about?

And, welcome aboard from Canada (near Toronto).

Craig

Thank you Craig!

The workbench includes pipe clamps in different locations. The purpose of them is to keep bigger workpieces steady when working with them. Attached pictures might show how to use them.

20240116_153254.jpg
20240116_153220.jpg

Thank you Charlie. Our house has been built 1978 and at that time they used linoleum plates for flooring material. Being still in very good condition, we kept the original material and didn't change it with our many renovations.
Somehow I like working in a clean workshop and immediately after having produced sawdust or disorder I like to clean it before continuing working.
The most used piece of equipment in my shop is Shop-Vac:

Vacuum Cart.jpeg

Red hose comes from the pickup tool, feeding a cyclone and dropping the heavy stuff into the black metal bucket; the black hose then feeds the vacuum which exhausts through a silencer. I empty the bucket periodically (it never gets more than about 20% full) and about once a year check the vacuum filter and empty its tank – very little gets past the cyclone.

I also have a small Shop-Vac near the sanding/deburring/grinding area to connect to the small dust ports and cleaning the area up afterwards:

Sanding Grinding Area rfs.jpg

Shop-Vac is tucked away in the upper right corner.

Heavy grinding and woodworking is done either outside or in the garage, where I can use the leaf blower to disperse the sawdust.

Thanks Minh-Thanh! Attached please find some pictures of the models I have built during the last few years.

The ship Maaninka is 1/50 scale, it is also radio controlled and driven by electric motor.

Bugatti is in 1/6 scale, it has an electric motor built inside her engine, but not yet with RC.
1/6 scale! Those aren't models, they're toys for the grandkids (but much too nice for them to play with).

Bugatti is in 1/6 scale, it has an electric motor built inside her engine, but not yet with RC.View attachment 153063View attachment 153064View attachment 153065View attachment 153066View attachment 153067View attachment 153068View attachment 153069

You have a lot of great projects
I'm really impressed with the way you keep the shop neat and clean

Latest posts

Back