my 1st engine build, a PM Research 3B, on a Unimat db-200

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a fun build. Now to finish it off.

Vince

b.lindsey said:
It seems to be running very well Nick!! Nice job all around...will be sorry to see it end. What's next on your agenda ?? :big:

Bill

Thanks guys, not sure what to build now, I have certainly learned allot about the limits of the unimat, but it seems to be a nice little lathe, I might build the little upright PMR engine, or the little boiler kit they have. I built the big BLR2 and it was great fun.

For the moment though, I need to make some oilers and fittings for a stuart #9 engine, and get it running on steam...

I will post a picture of the 100% finished and mounted engine in a few days.

400f6dd9.jpg

It became a real steam engine today, I ran it with the PMR BLR 2 I built a few months back.

I have to say the PMR kits are nice and sound, the prints and instructions are good and accurate.

hmmm what to build next?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez598qrTvcc&feature[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Very, very nice!!!
Runs like clockwork on steam!!

Congratulations on a very successful build!!

Andrew

Congratulations! I bet that felt good :)

Niccccccccccccccce!

and Nicely painted and presented too!

:bow:

Dave

Well done Nick! Nice looking boiler too and it must be quite pleasing to see that #3 under real steam power too. Thanks muchly for adding the additional video. Will be looking forward to your next endeavor !!!

Bill

Eversince I gave up my air compressor manufacturing consultancy job,I have plenty of time to dabble into
mini steam engine building.I have a Sakai ML360 lathe and a Sakai MM180 Vertical Mill plus a cheapy China Drill Press.Living here in Singapore and in a flat very much limited my desire to put in bigger machines or perhaps more smaller machines. Having my machineshop located to balcony was tough but it was the only place available and my "boss" is happy.This way no chips and swarfs gets into the living room. Kept on reminding myself that I have no datelines to meet and I am no longer with Ingersoll-Rand USA where I slaved for 32 years from trainee engineer to Operations Manager,Singapore. This my first post and my humble apologies for this long introduction.I have yet to put in fotos.

Welcome, nice to hear from Singapore. Post some pictures of your "shop".

Eversince I gave up my air compressor manufacturing consultancy job,I have plenty of time to dabble into
mini steam engine building.I have a Sakai ML360 lathe and a Sakai MM180 Vertical Mill plus a cheapy China Drill Press.Living here in Singapore and in a flat very much limited my desire to put in bigger machines or perhaps more smaller machines. Having my machineshop located to balcony was tough but it was the only place available and my "boss" is happy.This way no chips and swarfs gets into the living room. Kept on reminding myself that I have no datelines to meet and I am no longer with Ingersoll-Rand USA where I slaved for 32 years from trainee engineer to Operations Manager,Singapore. This my first post and my humble apologies for this long introduction.I have yet to put in fotos.

I dont have a large shop either, but it didnt stop me!

Thanks for looking, and thanks to the other posters.

Latest posts

Back