Introducing myself as a newbie

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyvern

Reaction score
Hi,
Although I've had a keen interest in engines for a long time, I've only recently (last few months) discovered scale engines and am looking to making my own and learning the skills required (without a kit).

Though I have no tools or experience as well as a tight budget due to being only 17 and working at a supermarket. I may not be contributing anything for a while, but am keen on being a member of the community.

Kind regards

17 year old kid in Victoria, Australia

Welcome, glad to have you here.

In my opinion, this hobby desperately needs the next generation to step in and pick up the reins, so you are doubly welcome here.

I built a crude steam engine as a 12th grade science project, and have been hooked on steam and other engines ever since.

And I think there is much to be said for folks maintaining their technical heritage too.
I highly value technical knowledge, and I think it has brought us modern society, from a technical standpoint anyway.

For myself, I am especially keen on keeping and documenting foundry work, so that it can continue on a hobby level for those who want to make their own engine castings.

Pat J.

Hi,
Although I've had a keen interest in engines for a long time, I've only recently (last few months) discovered scale engines and am looking to making my own and learning the skills required (without a kit).

Though I have no tools or experience as well as a tight budget due to being only 17 and working at a supermarket. I may not be contributing anything for a while, but am keen on being a member of the community.

Kind regards

Welcome 17 year old kid in Victoria, Australia.

Kind regards,

61 year old kid in Victoria, Canada.

Hi,

Kind regards

Welcome to the group

Dave

Thought I'd look but the information isn't readily available for me to find so:

A shout out for one of the existing members that lives within a not totally awkward distance from our young sir.
Perhaps there is interest in sharing not only knowledge but also equipment.

Dunno if this is an acceptable way of doing this.

(I'm only some 15k km (9.3k miles) away but it would be fascinating to mentor an interested younger person!!!!)

Latest posts

Back