Howdy from Central Ohio!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodTractor

Reaction score
He guys! I just signed up a few days ago and have been perusing the forum gleaning information. I'm looking to get started in functional scale models as a way to combine several hobbies and skills.

A little background on me - born and raised farm boy turned engineer. I now own the family farm and work full time in industrial automation designing machines and robotic tooling for foundry and die cast work. I got my start with actual machine tools in college - after I graduated I did some side classes at a local tech school and learned even more.

I have always been fascinated by engines. I have played with antique trucks and tractors and have been going to antique tractor and engine shows since the 80s (kind of hard to go in the 70s.... I wasn't born yet... lol).

I'm interested in scale engines and design as I feel that is my only way to ever play with some of the engines that I have always wanted - mostly due to shear size or rarity. For instance - I have always wanted a steam traction engine, but for the most part they are far too large for me to truly enjoy - just hauling some of the full size engines to a show is a task.... where a large scale version would easily go onto a trailer behind my truck.

I'm just here learning and taking it all in right now. I don't really know where I want to start yet, but have some ideas.

Jason

HI, Jason
I am sure you'll enjoy learning from the diverse knowledge of this group.
What part of central Ohio are you?
Dale

I work near the airport in Columbus - but I live out in Champaign county very close to where the Ohio Caverns are.

Latest posts

Back