Hello from Toledo, Ohio

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been a Military and Aerospace designer for most of my life. Old age and the pandemic have caught up with me so I'm staying at me farm and my shop. I have always loved steam engines since watching them at the county fairs years ago ... now I have the time, space and machinery to start building them. I have a low pressure gas well on my farm so I can run my engine even if things go south in the world.

Welcome to the forum.

Steam engines have been my obsession for many years, and last year I added a hit-and-miss obsession.

Foundry work is yet another obsession that I have become heavily involved in over the last few years.

I am very much interested in the self sufficiency lifestyle, and have been preparing more for that, given the way things are going these days.

There are a lot of talented folks here, so pick a project and lets get started.

Pat J

I've been a Military and Aerospace designer for most of my life. Old age and the pandemic have caught up with me so I'm staying at me farm and my shop. I have always loved steam engines since watching them at the county fairs years ago ... now I have the time, space and machinery to start building them. I have a low pressure gas well on my farm so I can run my engine even if things go south in the world.
Welcome to the group

Dave

Welcome, Farmerjohn. I think you will find the group interesting and an opportunity to learn some things that may help you out. BTW, I am not far from you as I live just outside of Monclova.

Welcome! I went to the county fair there 60 years ago as I had an aunt & uncle who lived in Toledo. A gas well- that’s a real asset for self-sufficiency.

Latest posts

Back