Holt

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLM

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I Finely finished my Holt and here is a few pictures. Thanks Don

100_0246.jpg

100_0247.jpg

100_0248.jpg

100_0249.jpg

100_0250.jpg

Nicely done on the Holt. You don't see many of them finished. I have a couple of questions for you. What did you use for a carburetor and is your governor functional?
I would like to make a suggestion which will help keep your wooden box and skids a little cleaner. I made up a couple of drip trays from brass that lay across the skids and are held in by place by the mounting plates. I made my engine to fairly tight tolerances but even still while it's running and the oil warms up it weeps out of the lifters, rear main bearing and front gear box assembly.

HOLT NEW 1A.jpg

Do you have any videos of it running?
gbritnell

Very very nice!
Beautiful job and a tidy display.

Reactions: KLG
Impressive! I would also love to see a video :bow:

WOW, a work of ART, you must be real proud of that, Christmas is coming and I have been good this year, you don't have to wrap it just put it under the tree, thanks for showing us your prize, Lathe Nut

Thats real "engine of the month" material. Well done

A very well crafted engine. I would also love to see it running.

Vince

Last edited:
Wonderful job, well done. That is another engine I have on my list of to build!

Congratulations

Colin

This is a sign of true craftsmanship. I have the castings but not the time now and I would love for mine to look as great as yours when done! brian

Very nice engine - my favorite of all time - a worthy candidate for "Engine of the month". Ralph

A very well done job. I'm just glad we are still around to see such a beautiful project.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL''
Ron Nickell

Seeing how wonderful the Holt looks make me wish to build one more and more. I have found a set of castings for sale in the US, but the owner will not ship international, and I can understand why. Can anyone on here recomend a method of shipping, maybe to someone in the US who will then ship international to me. Tough call, I would pay all costs, and some financial reward, or free tickets to the Great Dorset Steam Fair, in the UK,

Happy Christmas to all on HMEM,

Cheers,

Colin

Latest posts

Back