Hi from Turkey !

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drRobutik

Reaction score
Hi from Turkey, I have just find this forum,
which seems dedicated to my hobbies.
I am trying to set up my home shop for a few mounths.
I will be glad to hear about all of you.

cheers

Welcome to the forum drRobutik.
We want to hear about you too! Tell us something about yourself.
What do you think your engine will be?

Hello to every engineers:)

I can't find the words to explain my feelings, it seems there is something inside me steaming.
So I spent most of my 6 months to setup my workshop, but still in the very beginning. Now I am practicing on my lathe. I think I am in love with her, very exiting using these tools. This was my all time dreams. I am 38 years old, electronic engineer (PhD) in robotics. I built lots of electronics circuit ranging from analog to digital. Experienced in microcontrollers (PIC controllers).And know I want to do real thing like engines. My high school dream was to build model engines, I had tried some very basic steam engines but failed on some. I think my dreams will com true. But I never lost my motivation. I have a very huge envy in machining.
Here is my workshop which occupy one of the room of my flat (was not easy to persuade my wife for this but after some time she's supporting me)
Here some photos of my small shop 3x3 meters (10'x10')
CIMG8327.jpg

lathe view from far , the lathe stand is homebuild
CIMG8321.jpg

CIMG8328.jpg

and here my new lathe Quantum 210x400 (something above 8x14)

CIMG8330.jpg

Practicing lathe, turning on aluminum

CIMG8316.jpg

finally the result
CIMG8319.jpg

maybe not brillant for now. I think, I will reach the top of the learning curve very soon.

And lastly from which engine to start, some recommendation I don't have a mill yet but will get very soon. Thus an engine to build without the need of a mill if possible.

great forum.
cheers to all of you out there.

Nice lathe! I think they sell them under that brand name here in Sweden too! Seems like everyone with an asian lathe got one with nicer paintjob that mine! Mine looks like it was painted by a 3yr old with tourettes syndrome...

Welcome to HMEM drRobutik.

Rick

drRobutik,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the forum! I know just how you feel about metalwork. ;D

Hello drRobutik, welcome to the HMEM forum. Nice looking shop you have put together.

Chuck

Welcome drRobutik, we all share the love of the hobby and machines here, so you are in good company.

Selam ve hos geldiniz, doc. You will find this to be 'the' place to be when it comes to model machining. It does not matter if you are a novice or a seasoned pro, we all share in the experience. To address your question regarding an entry level engine, there are many to choose from, some of them are in the download section here at HMEM and others are on website named "John-Toms". (a Google search should find it) I am admiring your lathe and your shop, albeit a bit too clean :big: Best of luck in your endeavors and stay in touch with us here.

BC1
Jim

Hi drRobutik! Welcome to HMEM. Burada bizden birilerini görmek çok sık mümkün olmuyor. Hoş geldiniz.

Erdem

Latest posts

Back