Hello from Finland

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moxis

Reaction score
As Shelton asked, first I have to introduce myself. My name is Matti, I am 76 years old, live in Lahti, Finland and I am a retired process automation engineer. My hobby has already for decades been model building. I have built models of cars, tanks, ships, etc. and also a few steam engines.
My latest engine was a Marcher, for which I bought plans and castings from Reeves. And the engine, when ready was installed into a ship model called Lempi, together with boiler, gas tank and burner.
Attached please find a few pictures of the engine itself and it's installation into model.

20181210_211712.jpg
20181210_211735.jpg
20190416_085129.jpg

As Shelton asked, first I have to introduce myself. My name is Matti, I am 76 years old, live in Lahti, Finland and I am a retired process automation engineer. My hobby has already for decades been model building. I have built models of cars, tanks, ships, etc. and also a few steam engines.
My latest engine was a Marcher, for which I bought plans and castings from Reeves. And the engine, when ready was installed into a ship model called Lempi, together with boiler, gas tank and burner.
Attached please find a few pictures of the engine itself and it's installation into model.

View attachment 153023View attachment 153024View attachment 153025
Welcome to the group

Dave

Hello Matti. Welcome to the group here. You have shared some beautiful projects already!
It will be fun to tell my wife what I heard from Finland today (she was born in Mikkeli).
Charlie

Hello Matti. Welcome to the group here. You have shared some beautiful projects already!
It will be fun to tell my wife what I heard from Finland today (she was born in Mikkeli).
Charlie

Thank you Charlie! Say hello to your wife. It's a small world, we Finns can be found everywhere. I live in the city of Lahti, about 125 kilometres south of Mikkeli.

Latest posts

Back