Hi everyone

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First what a great site.
I can't wait to get started on some projects and get your feedback.
I'm from England and I'm a CNC machinist. I don't have any equipment at home but can use the workshop at weekends.
Hoping to get a small manual lathe soon as it can be time consuming setting up a CNC for one-off work.

Welcome Darren, pleased you found the forum and will look forward to your participation. What sorts of projects interest you? Whatever they may be its a fair bet you can find a kindred spirit here with help, advice and support. Jump right in and join the fun.
Bill

Hi Bill
I like the look of Sterling engines and think that might be a nice place to start.
I would love to do a nice IC maybe a straight six but at the moment I'm very limited on time.

Welcome Darren, I have done a CNC course but don't have the machinery so I will be interested to see what you build and how you go about it.
Jim

welcome to the board . looking forward to see what you build.
Tin

Darren,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the board, looking forward to seeing your projects :) as well as your g-code ;) as I am an amature CNC programmer, self taught and still learning.

Regards,

Will

Hi Will, what control are you using? Fanuc 0t / 10t, Siemens or one of the others?

Hi Darren,

I am using EMC2 , It's a Linux based machine controller, very powerful and can be configured to run almost any kind of machine. Mine is currently controlling a CNC converted harbor freight minilathe.

Regards,

Will

Latest posts

Back