Hello from Mongolia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ndsteel

Reaction score
I just ran across this site. I have been in Mongolia for a couple of years and I am looking to get back into the CNC machine hobby after a 2 year absence. I decided that I may be here a couple of more years and I need something to do during the winter here. We are about 200 miles south of Siberia and it has been below zero here since November and we probably won't get above it until March. I was -34 this morning so doing some outside is not a big thrill.

Oh... Im sorry mate. Hope it all thaws out soon. Welcome and forget the CNC.. Im pretty certain the electrons refuse to flow until above 15 degrees below.... cheers Artie

A warm welcome to the forum, then. ;D Post some landscape photos!

Artie said:
... Im pretty certain the electrons refuse to flow until above 15 degrees below...
Ha, wouldn't THAT put the brakes on superconductor research?! ;D

The problem with the cold would the cnc lubricant :big: :big:

Im pretty certain the electrons refuse to flow until above 15 degrees below.... cheers Artie

That brings to mind a funny story. In the early 70s I was the dealer for a piece of electronic equipment made in California. My customer came in and said when they carried it on a Ski-Doo in -40 it quit working. It checked out, so I set outside the backdoor, in -25 for an hour and it quit working.

I phoned the manufacturer and was told "We know that, but it doesn't matter because man can't survive at -40".

Welcome to the forum 2ndsteel.
You mentioned 'getting back into it'...what kinds of things have you done? What are you interested in building?

Welcome to HMEM 2ndsteel.

Rick

Welcome 2ndsteel. Keep us posted on what you're up to.
Dennis

2ndsteel,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

My wife is from Novosibirsk and having been there in a February, I know what you mean by cold; or should I say "Холод."

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back