Hello from Kansas City...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCupp

Reaction score
My name is Robert. I have a decent home shop with an Enco mill and Southbend Fourteen lathe and other equipment. My primary interests are engine building, model railroading and anything else mechanical. I'm a long time watcher first time poster...

Robert,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks everybody...

Finally starting to get the shop moved, wired and set up from old to new house. Haven't got any work done in 6 months so I'm really itching to get at it again.

BTW I'm on the Missouri side :)

RCupp said:
BTW I'm on the Missouri side :)

Just curious but does Kansas city overlap 2 states? and which side is the Missouri side?

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome, Robert, from just down the road in Eudora (just East of Lawrence).

Bob,
There's Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri. The Missouri side is the East side.

Scott

applescotty said:
Bob,
There's Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri. The Missouri side is the East side.
Scott

Thanks Scott, :bow:

So much to learn and so little time.

Best Regards
Bob

I'm not from that area but I believe that KC, MO is the older city. According to Wikipedia it was founded in 1838, some 17 years after MO became a state. The name derives from its proximity to the confluence of the Missouri and Kansas rivers. KC, KS was founded in 1868, some 30 years later. Apparently the Kansas settlers didn't notice the city of the same name just across the river when they named their city.

Back