Hello !

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topogigio

Reaction score
Hello Sirs, ,Let le introduce myself,
My name is Franco and I live in Italy near the city of Monza.
I am a mechanical designer and I draw using CAD CATIA dassault system.
I have a very small room where I have installed a Myford S7 lathe and a small vertical mill.
To date I have built small engines for model aircraft in glow and diesel versions.
Some of these engines are based on original drawings while others are of my own design.
I'm not capable of flying or driving radio-controlled models but I also built and played with tether cars.
I attach some photos of some of my creations ,thanks to all forum members.
Franco Colla

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    825 KB · Views: 12
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 04.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Welcome Franco-

Very fine looking airplane engines !

I still have my control line 0.35 model airplane, and I intend to fly it again one day.
I is nice not to ever have to worry about charging batteries.

Pat J

Welcome Franco-

Very fine looking airplane engines !

I still have my control line 0.35 model airplane, and I intend to fly it again one day.
I is nice not to ever have to worry about charging batteries.

Pat J
Thanks Pat !

I'm glad you like them, up to now I've only built 2-strokes, sooner or later I'll try with a 4-stroke

Monza...the city of the racing circuit and the home town of model engine manufacturer Gualtierangelo Picco.
I made a visit to the factory in 1985, don't know if he is still in business, I used the Picco P90 15 cc boat racing engine for many years.

Jos

Monza...the city of the racing circuit and the home town of model engine
Hello Jos !
Yes, I am about 10 km away from the famous OPS factory.
Unfortunately the old OPS has been closed for a few years now but Gualtiero Picco's sons have built another one (Picco motori).
Now they don't just do engines but also precision mechanical machining for third parties.
I had time to meet and become friends with Piero Muzio who was the last owner of OPS (Gualtiero had already died a few years earlier.)
And I can boast of having Alessandro Rossetti as a great friend who at the time was the workshop manager of OPS.
We see each other often to talk about the good old days and he gives me a lot of advice on engines.
Regards
Franco

Latest posts

Back