Hello from Florida

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polygon

Reaction score
Hello model engine makers. I work at a cutting tool shop, and love to look around at what everyone is making. It's good to see online that the art of making engines, model trains, and other historically important metalworking isn't gone. I've never built one myself (yet), but hope to offer some tips from my broaching experience that might help you out.

Well thank you. Always good to have someone keeping an eye on us while we try to learn this stuff. I'm sure if you hang out long enough there will be a build thread of your own eventually. It's awefully addictive.

My dad worked at Lionel trains while I was growing up, giving me a great start in exploring mechanical devices. I used to repair bicycles in my neighborhood, and was experimenting with multiple cranks when I went full bore into drafting/engineering. Hope to get back to my roots soon.

Polygon Solutions said:
My dad worked at Lionel trains while I was growing up, giving me a great start in exploring mechanical devices. I used to repair bicycles in my neighborhood, and was experimenting with multiple cranks when I went full bore into drafting/engineering. Hope to get back to my roots soon.

Is that back when Lionel was on hall road

I think they were on 23 Mile road. I see you are in Sterling Heights, so you're not too far away from there. We used to get some great plant tours, and I remember getting some great engines to mess with, and Lionel's war era history is very interesting. We had some fishing reels they made back then and other gadgets. I think every kid should have a train. Some of the train engine Project winners on this site are incredible.

Latest posts

Back