Greetings from the Rocket City,

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwcnc1911

-jwcnc191
Reaction score
Hello all,

In observance of the introductions rule, I've waited until I had a little steam engine completed to post and introduce myself. I'm not completely new to engines but it has been quite some time since I built one. I've got about 16 years machining experience, own my own small shop while still working in a Fortune 500 diesel manufacturer's machine shop. We machine everything from exhaust manifolds for a 3 liter to blocks for a 13 liter. I have CNC equipment in my shop and the usual manual stuff. I really enjoy completing a cut on a tough setup. I'm particularly looking forward to participating in a team build. I would also be glad to help whenever I can with CAD/CAM on new designs or modifications to old faithful designs. I'm the husband of one, father of 3 and generally try to be the best man I can while falling short from time to time. That pretty much sums me up so please enjoy the little Liney Thimble I made yesterday. It is a magnificent runner! Runs with the needle of the pressure regulator sitting on the bottom post.

All the pieces (with my obvious modifications to fit my stock situation):
Liney_001.jpg

A few more pics:
Liney_002.jpg

Liney_003.jpg

Liney_004.jpg

Liney_005.jpg

Liney_006.jpg

Liney_007.jpg

Looking forward to being a member of this forum,

-JW

Nice introduction and nice engine. And it is realy OK to just introduce yourself . there is no right of passage rule requiring a home shop or completion of an engine before joining here or posting and intro although both are great milestones in this hobby.
Tin

Thanks for the reply, I just noticed several times throughout the forum people were asked to intro before posting. I'll start out by attempting to follow the rules! :p Figured I'd post the little Liney and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Hope every one's had a good week,

Beautiful engine. Huntsville is one of my fav places to visit. I worked in on the Shuttle external tank project here in New Orleans for 9 years.

Welcome to the forum.
"G"

Welcome

Have you been down to watch "the great moonbuggy race"? This will be our schools six year and my third some very interesting designs and ideas floating around down there.
Lovely build buy the way.
GJ

Welcome JW, that is a nice little engine. Lots of bling.

Jim

Latest posts

Back