Greetings from Beantown

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jibaro

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

Brand new member here.

I just posted pictures of a Stuart 10H that I hope to use for charging my cell phone. Anybody who asks "Why?" doesn't get it. But you already know that. I've been running it mostly on compressed air but now and then I hook it up to a pressure cooker. I have yet to rig up the oil injector though, so I have to be careful.
I look forward to big a part of this community. I've got a number of engines: two toy engines, two model engines, and a PM #4, a working engine said to produce 1/4 hp. I hope to build a monotube boiler that will be capable of running it for extended periods of time.

I really need help figuring out fitting sizes and such. I am reasonably handy but have no real experience or equipment for machining metal, so I would have to job out any precision milling unless I end up buying a small mill.

Welcome ,I think you will learn a lot from this site,I know I have and my wife says I know everything anyway! Just one question,,,where exactly is Beantown?

Hi everybody.

Brand new member here.

I just posted pictures of a Stuart 10H that I hope to use for charging my cell phone. Anybody who asks "Why?" doesn't get it. But you already know that. I've been running it mostly on compressed air but now and then I hook it up to a pressure cooker. I have yet to rig up the oil injector though, so I have to be careful.
I look forward to big a part of this community. I've got a number of engines: two toy engines, two model engines, and a PM #4, a working engine said to produce 1/4 hp. I hope to build a monotube boiler that will be capable of running it for extended periods of time.

I really need help figuring out fitting sizes and such. I am reasonably handy but have no real experience or equipment for machining metal, so I would have to job out any precision milling unless I end up buying a small mill.

If you're reasonably close to Boston, you should check out the New England Model Engineering Society. They meet monthly in Waltham, 1st Thursday of the month.

www.neme-s.org

We're having our annual Model Engineering show in a few weeks, February 17th, at the Charles River Museum of Industry in Waltham (which is also where the monthly meetings are held)

Welcome Jibaro. Lots of experience on this forum to assist you.

Latest posts

Back