Elmer's Geared #5

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking engine Weez, congratulationsThm:

Cheers,
Phil

Week
Beautifully done! Love the flywheel.
Maybe you can give up a few tips about rounding the ends of parts on the rotary table. I always seem to go a bit too far at the end. I'm very careful about watching the numbers on the table but can't seem to get it perfect.
Thanks

When rounding the ends, I set the radius slightly larger than needed. It gives a little gap between where the radius is completely cut and the cutter hits the straight edge. I also error on the side of coming up short as opposed to going too far. It is easier to file a little off instead of adding material back on.

Here is the video of it running.
[ame]http://youtu.be/g40iBVre2k0[/ame]

Awesome job! Why don't you slow it down a little more why don't you..;)

Awesome!

Awesome job! Why don't you slow it down a little more why don't you..;)

Awesome!

Thanks Chris. I'm afraid if I slow it down anymore it will start running backwards.

weez, great looking and a great runner, the polishing probably took as long as to build, thanks again for the sharing, Lathe Nut
Thank you Lathe Nut. The polishing didn't take too long. Only a couple of evenings, which is about all I have patience for. I am getting better surface finishes when machining so it only takes a little sanding with some 400 grit sandpaper to get this matte finish.

Latest posts

Back