A good week.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronkh

ronkh
Reaction score
Hi all from a proud and happy dad! ;D

Good things do happen and I thought I would share mine from this week;

First, I applied for a new job on Friday last week, had an interview this Wednesday, but while during this interview I was told that there were a good half-a -dozen applicants for it. The foreman said that they were all younger, had quallies and lived nearer to the place. Oh dear I thought, over before it's begun.
I am 57 this year and had visions of stacking shelves rather then machining. I have no qualifications except for an apprenticeship served in the early seventies, unlike nowadays they didn't matter then.
Companies are now not allowed, apparently, to advertise for experienced people as it discriminates the inexperienced!!

Anyways, I had a call this morning asking if I could start on the 11th next week! I was "quietly" told during this call that my experience counts. A good result!! Cloud nine comes to mind!

The next was my youngest son graduating, getting high, interim (is that right?), results for exam's and being promised a place at college while just a few months ago being told that there was not much chance of a place as his school work up to then was poor because of "lack of interest".

My eldest son has now been among the top few at his university with business and music studies for the second year running.
As I said, proud dad or what!! th_wav

Lastly, my beam engine is almost there with just a few tweeks to go. This is the one where I mounted the base arse about face.

My kiddo is in the grey suit, 6.2 and taller then me.
I do not know what the car is except it sounds like a V8 in there somewhere.

No apologies for being a happy, proud dad.

Ron.

Jake 001.JPG

Jake 002.JPG

beam 006.JPG

Congratulations Ron
Personally i rarley employ anyone under 40 (motor trade)
John

Congratulations Ron :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Congrats Ron!

Someone has to keep the "youngin's" out of mischief......this from a fellow gray hair...who has to all day long.

Dave

More like a fantastic week Ron...congrats on all the great news!

Bill

Congratulations Ron. May your good fortune continue

Excellent, Sir!

Kudos from across the puddle.

take care,
tom in MA

Many thanks for all your kind words gents.

Kind regards,

Ron.

we all need good weeks from time to time . the chaps here are pretty good at encouraging one another through the good and the bad. congratulations.
Tin

Hey, in the second pic that's quite the antique! The car looks nice too.

A good week....sounds like a full and great life on top of a good week my friend! Congrats on your sons acheivements, and to your new job :D looking forward to seeing your complete engine too :D

Regards,

Will R. Everett, WA.

Latest posts

Back