6 cycle I C engine

Help Support HMEM:

cfellows

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Projects in Metal, Feb 1996 also has full plans for an Atkinson engine.

Chuck

doc1955

Gone
Reaction score
Brian,
I got the book last fall for a present from the miss's and built one last fall and finished it last winter.
It was the first time I built this style engine and have to say it has turned out to be a pretty cool engine..I recently received the Atkinson differential engine which I think will be my next engine.
I would recommend the book it was very informative and well worth the price IMHO.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUsfIq6Iy_0&list=UUEYd-TBMnAV7ONJm14DG1OQ&index=5&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Billzilla

Reaction score
A friend of mine has also invented a 6-stroke engine and it works very well.
He's having legal problems with a guy that tried to ..... well best not said until the case is completely over.

http://www.sixstroke.com

He used to live a few streets from me and I've seen the bike in this video - http://www.sixstroke.com/downloads/burnout.mpg - do exactly what it did in that video, the torque is amazing.

Anyway it wouldn't be too hard for someone here to reproduce.
Just thought it might be of interest.

Brian Rupnow

Reaction score
I just recieved a complete set of plans for the Atkinson engine plus plans for a carburetor from Jan Ridder. The plans and technical write up seem to be very complete. Jan is asking for a "donation" of 5 to 10 Euros for the plans , which according to my converter is $6 to $12 Canadian, a very reasonable price. These plans seem to be excellently done, and very complete. They are in Metric, but that shouldn't be a horrible stumbling block, as I will model it all in Solidworks and use the built in Solidworks converter to generate British Imperial (inch) drawings. I have no idea when I will build this engine---Its a matter of how much real work I have, How much fun I'm having with my wife and grand daughters touring around this summer, and how bored I get. This will be one of the builds I do where I won't be able to provide drawings, (I don't want to step on Jan's toes) but it should be a fun build with lots of pictures and commentary as it develops.----Brian

Blogwitch

Ex Bogstandard
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Brian,

I thought I had better explain that Jan's donation isn't compulsory, but I always give some, purely because his plans, time involved and engines must cost him a fair bit to develop, I actually consider him as a modern day Elmer.

For anyone stepping up a gear from Elmer's offerings should really consider some of Jan's easier engines, then progress onto something a little more challenging later.

Truly barstock, with a difference.

John

Brian Rupnow

Reaction score
John---It would be very crass of ANYONE to use Jans plans and not compensate him for them. I know how much time and effort go into modeling, machining, and creating a set of comprehensive engineering drawings. That is why, as I said in my earlier post that I will not be posting plans of this engine as it develops, because I don't want to step on Jan's toes.

Blogwitch

Ex Bogstandard
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry Brian,

It wasn't aimed at yourself, I should have put "I thought I had better explain to other members, that Jan's donation isn't compulsory"

John

steamer

Reaction score
Looks like an interesting build Brian. I'll be following along!

Dave

Latest posts

Group Builder