6 cycle I C engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Projects in Metal, Feb 1996 also has full plans for an Atkinson engine.

Chuck

Brian,
I got the book last fall for a present from the miss's and built one last fall and finished it last winter.
It was the first time I built this style engine and have to say it has turned out to be a pretty cool engine..I recently received the Atkinson differential engine which I think will be my next engine.
I would recommend the book it was very informative and well worth the price IMHO.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUsfIq6Iy_0&list=UUEYd-TBMnAV7ONJm14DG1OQ&index=5&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

A friend of mine has also invented a 6-stroke engine and it works very well.
He's having legal problems with a guy that tried to ..... well best not said until the case is completely over.

http://www.sixstroke.com

He used to live a few streets from me and I've seen the bike in this video - http://www.sixstroke.com/downloads/burnout.mpg - do exactly what it did in that video, the torque is amazing.

Anyway it wouldn't be too hard for someone here to reproduce.
Just thought it might be of interest.

I just recieved a complete set of plans for the Atkinson engine plus plans for a carburetor from Jan Ridder. The plans and technical write up seem to be very complete. Jan is asking for a "donation" of 5 to 10 Euros for the plans , which according to my converter is $6 to $12 Canadian, a very reasonable price. These plans seem to be excellently done, and very complete. They are in Metric, but that shouldn't be a horrible stumbling block, as I will model it all in Solidworks and use the built in Solidworks converter to generate British Imperial (inch) drawings. I have no idea when I will build this engine---Its a matter of how much real work I have, How much fun I'm having with my wife and grand daughters touring around this summer, and how bored I get. This will be one of the builds I do where I won't be able to provide drawings, (I don't want to step on Jan's toes) but it should be a fun build with lots of pictures and commentary as it develops.----Brian
AtkinsonCycleengine001.jpg

Brian,

I thought I had better explain that Jan's donation isn't compulsory, but I always give some, purely because his plans, time involved and engines must cost him a fair bit to develop, I actually consider him as a modern day Elmer.

For anyone stepping up a gear from Elmer's offerings should really consider some of Jan's easier engines, then progress onto something a little more challenging later.

Truly barstock, with a difference.

John

John---It would be very crass of ANYONE to use Jans plans and not compensate him for them. I know how much time and effort go into modeling, machining, and creating a set of comprehensive engineering drawings. That is why, as I said in my earlier post that I will not be posting plans of this engine as it develops, because I don't want to step on Jan's toes.

Looks like an interesting build Brian. I'll be following along!

Dave

Latest posts

Back