What Are You Up To Today?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steamer said:
Hope your feeling better! :)

Thanks! It's been awhile since I've been sick, so I guess I'm due. ::) Oh well, I have certainly been much worse off than I am this time, so there is always a silver lining to the cloud. Just need this to run its course and go away so I can get back at it!!!

W/E ........... bear with it, no fun I'm sure, more paracetamol's and warm drinks methinks .............   :mad: ............ hope it passes quickly  8)

As for what have I been doing today ............. helping the lad's lay blockwork in the rain, helping Mrs CC with her Dad .........  don't ask, it's an incontinence thing  ??? .............. supermarket run tonight, walked the dogs in the pouring rain ........ they don't mind the rain, but It's not my idea of fun  ::) ........ fine tuned settings for the vfd on the lathe and "shaped" a little aluminium ........... that felt good ............. nothing constructive really, more therapeutic but it was fun ;) .......... got to say this hunk of old British iron is an absolute pleasure to use  8)

CC

CC, I'm hangin'!

Walkin' and workin' in the rain... Doesn't sound like any fun at all. Stay dry!! And warm!!

Glad your British iron is turning! You're going to really enjoy it for sure! Can wait to see the first project come off of it.

wareagle said:
Can't wait to see the first project come off of it.

errr RU sure ................. cos ere' it is :D

1st-Turns.jpg

OK, don't mock guys ................ I just felt the need to make some swarf ;)

CC

well i had to make one of these
IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

cause the three cylinder fair banks has about 300 to 400 holes in it to be tapped :eek:

i just used what ever bits and pieces i could find in the scrap box to make the frame works and to hold the tap i just used a small tap wrench. it works great and will get a good workout with all the holes i have to tap.

i made the fancy edge on the bottom plate with a router bit, it seamed to work ok.

the pics are sideways and i don't know how to turn them..........anyone know how???

chuck

Chuck, I believe you have to orient the pictures prior to uploading. Which editing/veiwing software are you using?

Hey CC. That's a really nice looking...ummm....errr....thing ;D

Actually that's a very nice finish on it. Did you clean it up any?

ksouers said:
Hey CC. That's a really nice looking...ummm....errr....thing ;D

Kevin, that's a knewter valve for a steam fired ignition system that will soon be mounted onto a fifteen cylinder cryrogentically cooled seven cycle nuclear powered ultra high speed turbine engine that will ultimately power a 1/4 scale '69 Volkswagon Micro Bus. ;D

Dave, sorry. I couldn't help myself!! :big: :big: Here's one for the first "turn" off of your new baby!!
143.gif

ksouers said:
Actually that's a very nice finish on it. Did you clean it up any?

It's just as it came off the lathe Kevin

................. Wareagle .................
143.gif

;) CC

CC: I am sure you will get a lot of pleasure working with your Boxford. As you already know, there is a difference in the old British iron and the new Chinese iron. I still regret selling mine but it was on the company books.

Armed with SandyC's very helpful advise about silver soldering, off I went to glue on the transfer cover.

It was not to be :mad:

I gotta tel ya, I hate 4 bolt flanges on the triple enclosures of ISO Tanks. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Spent most of the day getting one to seal for the 5 year hydro on a tank. (BV and the client will be thrilled when they get the bill :eek: ::))

It's a real bugger when work gets in the way of a good hobby; and I'm supposed to be retired ;)

Now I feel better that I vented my spleen :p

Ah well there's always tomorrow but then again its poets day, so maybe next week ;)

beamengineassemblyob7.jpg

By oldboatguy at 2
beamengineassemblyob7thba0.jpg
By [URL=http://profile.imageshack[I

I am finishing a design for a new beam engine. The flywheel is 3" dia. and the side frames are meant to be lasered out of 3/16" aluminum. I think I have a source for the laser work. I am working on extracting Dwg files and pdf files now. Anyone interested, send me an e-mail. Also my son & I are working on putting my shop back together. The Atlas lathe is up and running and re-tooled. Now we are working on the Rockford mill. It is dismantled down to the bare castings right now. We are stripping the castings down to bare metal & will repaint, rebuild the spindle, & have the ways reground then re-assemble. Note to self- never keep machine tools in a damp garage. The restoration job is a killer.

oldboatguy said:
Note to self- never keep machine tools in a damp garage. The restoration job is a killer.

I live 50 yards from the ocean. Salt air pervades but keeping covers over them and putting silica gel packets (or, in your case since you've got bigger toys, DampRid I think it's called) with them helps considerably. I figured that out a bit late so I know what you mean about restoration/recovery.

Best regards,

Kludge

Recovering. From being under the weather, and also pushing myself a little too hard. Not much energy left here! Think I am going to call it an early night and get some winks!

wareagle said:
Think I am going to call it an early night and get some winks!
Who ya gonna wink at? :big: :big: :big:

BEcome well soonest!

BEst regards,

Kludge

Kludge said:
Who ya gonna wink at? :big: :big: :big:

Well, it depends on if you ask me or my better half! ;D LOL

All kidding aside, I could not have landed myself a more suitable bride! She, as all of us do, has her faults, but she more than makes up for that in so many other ways! I really am enjoying the time I share with her and hope that we have decades to become old and wrinkled together! ;)

W/E
Who really should let Mrs. W/E read this post for the brownie point factor! :big:

She is. But one can never hit a grand slam unless they step up to the plate and swing the bat. And I need to swing all I can! :big: ;D

Latest posts

Back