Welding bench from scrap iron

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmithDoor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Here one just finish with a new $93.00 welder

All the parts are scrap iron The table is made from 9" x 15 channel legs are 4 x 2 x 1/4 tubing. Even the wheels and casters are from salvaged pile.
It a small table for small work I have in past years had table made 1" [25.4mm] plate do not want need table that size any more

If you look at the right side were the MIG gun is hanging the gray tube side out for longer work.
The wheels and casters are set so a 4 x 4 can be place under the table legs for heavy work and pounding.

I am only work on hobby work now so "keep is small" 35 x 18

Dave

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83665&stc=1&d=1470838786

welding bench from scrap Aug 2016.jpg

Nice looking table. The local steel supplier has some drops of steel plate (cutouts) that I thought would make a great table about that size. Unfortunately these thing usually pop up right around the time unexpected bills pop up so I'm still working on getting a steel welding table. Simply don't have that much scrap laying around.

I note two sets of welding comments. One for a cheap welder( the start of the topic) and the second a far superior 130A Mig( under the table)

Is there a bit of the story that we should know about, please?

Norman

It to show what some can do with a low cost welder and scrap iron. Great for small shop or ever for hobby work need very little space to store.

I am surprise on how well the welder works for the price

What no one has noticed is the cost of Vise Grips under table cost more that welder did.

Dave

PS
If you noticed there is no vise this is so I can use bench for type work ( out put table for a table saw)
Today I using for table in yard for working pluming

I note two sets of welding comments. One for a cheap welder( the start of the topic) and the second a far superior 130A Mig( under the table)

Is there a bit of the story that we should know about, please?

Norman

Latest posts

Back