Wanted to say hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkenor

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to say hi. I'm a long time software engineer and I've decided to get into the mechanical side of things and attempt to build an engine or two. I'm beyond a beginner at this subject, so I don't imagine you'll see much from me, because I'm in the process of building my first house and learning about this at the same time.

This said...I do have a question! :)

Has anyone ever machined a V-12 merlin engine? Do plans for that exist? I know it's beyond my ability, but I have a special place in my heart for that engine.

Has anyone ever machined a V-12 merlin engine? Do plans for that exist? I know it's beyond my ability, but I have a special place in my heart for that engine.

Yes plans casting set etc . I would say not likely a common build or one for the faint of heart but yes it has been done. Sucessful models are made in just about any configuration you can think of. Jet engines v-8s down to simple single cylinder.

When you feel like taking a short break stop in here read and learn I have posted many sticky threads and links geared to the beginner.

And last but not least welcome to the forum.
Tin

Latest posts

Back