Wallaby

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I like that Pete! That's one of those "fidely bits" of this design that looked like a serious PITA......and I don't mind saying have given me some apprehension. Well done!

That would be the University of Patience... AU campus ;D

:bow:

Dave

That gear don't look too bad, Hay Tel!
Thanks Dave
That oil pump was not nearly as bad as I expected really, I just followed a logical progression using bush's and in the end, it just fell into place.
I'm going to have a go with O rings for this one, as from what Ive read they seem to last forever and in the event of failure can be replaced in minutes.
Pete

DSCN0067.jpg

Hi Pete

You are getting there. I usually find that the final fiddly bits of a project take the longest time to finish.

Vince

Hi Vince
The truth of it is mate, I just needed a rest and the step backwards helped me to see the way forward as well.
With any luck, ill buy some brass pipe for the oil lines tomorrow :)
Pete

Hadn't thought of the Oring trick on this one ......will be watching that!

Dave

Got any more done on yours Dave?
DSCN0069a.jpg

I picked up a handful of nice little 1/8 domehead nuts yesterday that work really well on the exhausts ;D
Pete
DSCN0075.jpg

It is close Dave, I recon I could give her a spin after I do the oil lines and throttle lever.
Pete

I made up the sump to oil pump fitting today.
Pete
DSCN0080.jpg

Had a little problem today with the rocker stand. I tried to tap the grub screw thread for the rocker shaft but for some reason the alli would not hold a M3 thread.
I drilled out the hole oversize and turned up a pair of mild steel inserts with a 1/8 thread thru the guts and just locktighted em in, having run out of everything else I just used "609".
Anybody know what its like?
In the pic, I'm holding the shaft with a pair of screws that I may just cut down rather then source grub screws.
Forgive the focus I'm breaking in a new Camera and so far am less then impressed.
I might even have to read the manual :big:
DSCN0102.jpg

DSCN0105.jpg

609 is an older cylindrical bonder if memory serves me....green in color?

Good stuff provided its not too old.
Looking good Pete!

Dave

Green it is Dave
I was a little concerned about the application, as it says medum strength on the bottle, but I guess all its gotta do is lock up the shaft :)
I am thinking at the moment, of making the last stage of the oil lines transparent at least until the pump is proven anyway.

Pete
DSCN0112.jpg

The current plan is to have a spring loaded button on the end of a manifold that will pop out when oil pressure exists so today I turned up the manifold.
I know it was a bit of a waste of hex but did not have any 3/8 brass bar.
I think my finsh off the lathe is improving anyway as no emry or sandpaper of any kind is used.
Pete
DSCN0117.jpg

DSCN0118.jpg

Your engine is looking very good, look forward to hearing it fire up.

Jan

Hi Jan
Thanks Mate ;D
I'm just feeling my way at the moment. The pressure tell tale is a total unknown to me and if it does not work then I may have to rely on a clear section of pipe until I know the pump is OK. The way Ive planed it is for the pressure button on the front and the inlet from the pump at the back.
Pete

Looks great from here Pete! You could take the plugs out and use the tell tale as a pressure gage and just spin the engine up with pistol drill ....you should know pretty quick if you've got pressure.

That engine is looking great Pete!....Gotta get that D)#& lathe of mine done!....Wallaby's to build !

Dave

Thanks Bob
I recon we are on the home stretch now Mate
Hi Dave
With any luck, Ill make up the piston and Cap for the manifold, tomorrow Arvo. Ive bored for a 1/4 inch O ring and I think I should have a spring I can use.
I'm hoping for a really nice knurl on the Cap to echo the one on the dipstick. I just soft soldered the pipes in the pic.
Pete
DSCN0122.jpg

Latest posts

Back