Wallaby

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Pete

I will keep my fingers crossed for you (not that I need to).

Vince

I need all the help I can get Buddy :big: :big:
Pete

And I put a bottle of bubbly in the fridge for the occasion.

Hope we are not putting you under pressure Pete.

Vince

OK Guys
I just have to give a little happy dance myself tonight :big:
I did a job for an old customer today and remarked that he no longer had steam traction wheels around like he used to.
After we got talking, he admitted he'd sold his full size traction engine but still had his little one.
Well, he took me inside his shed and showed me what he said was a Burrell traction engine.
I don't know much about steam or what scale it is, but when he said it took him 12 years to build, I believe it!
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Of course we started talking about my engines as well and he just gave me the god dame biggest hunk of brass hex Ive ever seen!( 13 kg)
The guy just blew me away so badly he had to remind me, that he needed to pay me :big:
I took the money :big:
Happy Dancing ;D
The 10 ml bottle of loctite in the pic is for scale
Pete
DSCN0145.jpg

Hi Tel
I striped her down tonight and washed everything and will assemble to run, but may not get a whole lot done this week as I have a bit of work on at the moment.
Its a funny old world isn't it, yesterday I was crying out for a bit of brass hex :big:
well, I still need to get to my supplier for that, but someone was sure listening ;D
Hi Vince
Keep it cold Buddy
as soon as I can, ill get the few last bits and pieces done.
and i will do a first pop video ( if she runs that is) :big:

Hang on I'll start the popcorn and tap the keg!

;D

You can do it bud!

Dave

The short block is buttoned up and I think the valves are sealing ok now but im a little worried I built her too tight, soon see I guess :big:
Pete
DSCN0148.jpg

I'm hoping to have her running this week Dave, as long as work permits ;D
With any luck I'll have the head on and the valve timing done tomorrow.
I lost a valve clip when I was doing the valves too *bang*
Pete

It'll be great to see this beauty run. Another build I have been following.

--Tim

Pete

Just a thought.

If you think it's too tight, how about running it in with an electric drill?

Vince

Just bear with me a little longer, Dave, I'm getting there :big:
Hi Tim
Your Upsure is SURE looking good, keep it coming.
Soon Bob, Soon ;D
I have always planed this to be a drill start engine Vince, with a one way bearing on the crank, but I wanted to make sure there was nothing mechanical wrong before I hooked a drill up to it.
Ive only got a couple of things to do now and I'll give her a spin, I do have compression but had hoped for more so I need to work out weather its valves or just needs a touch off the deck
DSCN0150.jpg

PS
I may have to change or move this black plastic handle if it starts to melt th_confused0052

If it's anything like my Kerzel the compression will go up dramatically once its run for a little while

I do hope your going to put up a Video Buddy
I really liked your take on that engine.
I built the Wallaby as a low compression engine from the start, but there is plenty of room to take a bit off the deck or even the head, if I get so inclined.
we will see ;D
Pete

I still have some issues to sort out with it, but the ignition is going well now, after I was given a smallish buzz coil by the bloke next door. It starts quite ok, but getting a prolonged run is proving difficult - best to date is about 4 mins. Currently I'm fiddling around with carbys - at the moment the fuel vapour type, which is the best I've tried so far.

Hope my carby works :big:

Latest posts

Back