Straight 8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the rings completed. I got the ring gap set and installed all the rings. I only broke 2. One I broke just to see what it would take and the other when i tried to remove it.

I played around with an abrasive wheel today. I got a plate finished and broke the wheel half way thru the second one.

DSCN2085.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin good Steve. The engine turning sure sets off the emblem.
George

What Zee said sounds good!
(I dunno what to say either. It's beautiful.)

Dean

How do you whistle in a text environment ???

Whew!

Nice!

Oh My.....Oh My...........Oh My !!!!

This is craftsmanship of a caliber befitting the name in the logo.

In absolute awe,
earl...

Damn Bubba! That's Purty!

Looking Great Steve!

Dave

Good day in the garage!!

I managed some progress today. With the rings being fitted I pressed the pistons onto the rods. Then the pistons were inserted into the cylinder bores (not without a fight) and the head got bolted to the block.

DSCN2089.jpg

The crankshaft was done but i spent some time drilling and pinning the individual parts together.

DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN2090.jpg

The assembly sits on the oil pan for safe keeping.

DSCN2093.jpg

Last edited:
looking good steve, it will be running in no time!!!!

what are you going to use for a carb?

chuck

when i grow up i want to be steve huck :big:

aermotor8 said:
looking good steve, it will be running in no time!!!!

what are you going to use for a carb?

chuck

when i grow up i want to be steve huck :big:

I'm going to try a Walbro if i can figure it out. It will feed thru a fake supercharger. Little suckers have alot of adjusting screws!

DSCN0682.jpg

Last edited:
Steve,

Words fail me and that says it all. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Keep it up "Bubba!"...I do mean that with love and affection

I'm digging that crankshaft....Is the bench long enough to work on it? ;D

Dave

Steve, I got my hands on a very tiny Walbro for my 302 engine. I contacted a couple of the members of the BAEM club and asked them how they used the Walbro carb and what if any modifications needed to be made to it. I was told to buy the lowest pressure electric fuel pump (2-4 lbs) to start with. The only modification needed for the carb was to make an adapter plate and reduce the size of the venturi.
In all my searching I found some very good information on the functioning of these little carbs. The PDF files are too big to post so drop me a note at my email address and I'll send them to you.
I'll let you know how I make out with mine. I'm just finishing up the fuel tank, it's an aluminum 'Moon' type tank.
George

Walbros like the one you show have a diaphram pump built in. The idea is to take crankcase pressure pulses and drive the diaphram so as to pump fuel into the carb. Without the pressure pulses the carb doesn't work.

Charlie

steve that crankshaft is terrific :eek: :eek: :eek:

the whole engine is astonishing :bow:

I can't imagine the sound that it will have when it will run, but remembering your last build, it would be fantastic

Steve, it really looks like you're pushing the envelope on this one. I really like it.

Chuck

Steve, I don't want to hijack your thread by adding carb information so I'll start another on the subject.
George

Back